P1350 Vsc Off And Check Engine Lights

jsmith20

Several threads on this, but looking for some more insight...

1999 LS 400, 90k miles, no known TB service

Moved my car a couple times this weekend and thought the exhaust smelled like stale gas...hadn't noticed this before (now wondering if its related)

On my way to work, the VSC and Check Engine lights came on.

Didn't notice any difference until I stopped...car was idling rough

Pulled the code at lunch (started and ran smooth)...p1350

Left the store and the car started running rough again.

Should I take it to a shop and let them take care of it, or just replace the timing belt and hope that fixes it :-)

Thanks for the help

P1350 is normally an ignition problem so head towards coil packs, ignitors and the ECM drive signal to them. I wouldn't have thought the timing belt to cause the problem you have but with 90,000 miles and 12 years on it I would get it replaced yesterday or you could be adding a new engine to your problems if it breaks!

I took one of the coils off before and noticed that the wiring harness was really brittle...is this common? It was the first thing I checked this morning...the two coils I disconnected a couple months ago, to make sure they were still plugged in. I had it on my short list to replace the timing belt, but may have a shop do it instead. What is an average cost for the TB, WP, and pulleys,etc...? I got a quote today for $960. Thanks

Several threads on this, but looking for some more insight...

1999 LS 400, 90k miles, no known TB service

Moved my car a couple times this weekend and thought the exhaust smelled like stale gas...hadn't noticed this before (now wondering if its related)

On my way to work, the VSC and Check Engine lights came on.

Didn't notice any difference until I stopped...car was idling rough

Pulled the code at lunch (started and ran smooth)...p1350

Left the store and the car started running rough again.

Should I take it to a shop and let them take care of it, or just replace the timing belt and hope that fixes it :-)

Thanks for the help

NOTE P1350 is P1350 VVT Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2)

bank 2 would be passenger side, harder to get too, I would suggest cleaning both of them.

clean the valves and the chamber they fit in....

just in case, take a look at this, yours is probably different, but who knows: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=67171&st=0&p=422816&fromsearch=1entry422816