3 Months In,already Damaged

mrsct200h

Hi guys, my husband just slammed the front passenger side of my beautiful new ct200h into a curb and scratched it up pretty bad.I'm fuming,but mistakes happen. :(

This is my first Lexus,am I going to be put into the poor house trying to make her pretty again?

I'm in LosAngeles so I'm thinking yes .

Has anyone had work done?

Hi guys, my husband just slammed the front passenger side of my beautiful new ct200h into a curb and scratched it up pretty bad.I'm fuming,but mistakes happen. :(

This is my first Lexus,am I going to be put into the poor house trying to make her pretty again?

I'm in LosAngeles so I'm thinking yes .

Has anyone had work done?

Are you going to turn it in to your insurance? If so, they will probably ask you to get some bids and let you decide where you want to have the work done. If your doing it on your dime, ask people you know who have had repairs and get referrals from them. Usually don't have a lot of luck getting specific referrals for garages in a specific city on the forum.

Ask your Lexus dealer and insurance company for recommendations. Lexus dealers have body work done on lots of cars. Just this year I've had about $6,000 in body work done on my LS in two trips to a body shop owned by the same corporation (Hendrick) that owns both Lexus dealerships in town.

Speak with your insurance agent about whether or not turning in a claim will affect your rates. Also, some insurance companies designate some body shops as preferred providers. Using a preferred provider body shop means, like in my cases this year, it was not necessary to get bids.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I agree. Call your insurance company and report the damage. They will work with you to get the door repaired. Whether you will need bids or not will be up to the insurance company. My insurance company just tells me to pick a shop and let them know where the car will be fixed. I usually have very good luck calling the dealership and asking them where they send their damaged cars, or refer their customers, to have the body work done.