Headlight Bulbs And Fog Lights Help

Vick22

Hi All..

Lexus 98 ES300

I just wanted to put "white light bulbs" like i have yellowish lights at night... ..

i heard cheap lights burn the wiring harness.. so which make white lights would be better??? for high beams, low beams and Fog Lights.. watts are 65w 55w and 55w respectively.. thanx for help..

Get the Sylvania Silverstar Ultra.

Or try Sylvania Xtravision which are half the price, last longer and some think put out a better light pattern. We've used Xtravision bulbs in our Camry headlights for many years. The light from Xtravisions is definitely whiter than from regular halogen bulbs and they don't have a blue coating that cuts down light output.

Here is a dicussion on another forum about Silverstar vs. Xtravision: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?192711-Sylvania-Silverstars-or-Xtra-vision-for-car-lights

Regular halogen bulbs are preferable in fog lights since yellowish light cuts through rain, fog and especially blowing snow better.

Get the Sylvania Silverstar Ultra.

Or try Sylvania Xtravision which are half the price, last longer and some think put out a better light pattern. We've used Xtravision bulbs in our Camry headlights for many years. The light from Xtravisions is definitely whiter than from regular halogen bulbs and they don't have a blue coating that cuts down light output.

Here is a dicussion on another forum about Silverstar vs. Xtravision: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?192711-Sylvania-Silverstars-or-Xtra-vision-for-car-lights

Regular halogen bulbs are preferable in fog lights since yellowish light cuts through rain, fog and especially blowing snow better.

Hi again Jim! I read the discussion on the other forum and found it very educational. Once again, I am amazed at the depth of your research and resources on all your post. You remind me of the TV guy, Mr. Wizard from when I was a kid.

Your humbled surf,

Gort

Neither of the bulbs mentioned above is going to give you that "white" you're thinking of in your head. They won't come close to the color of HID's.

The only thing that's going to look like HIDs are HIDs. If that's what you want then that's what you'll have to get. If you want a whiter looking light then the Silverstar Ultras and the Philips Xtreme Powers will give you a whiter than stock light.