Another Lock Problem

I have a 2002 GS 300.

The driver's door lock/ unlock is not working with the key remote, or the auto-lock/unlock button within the car that manages all 4 doors. The key remote and auto lock/unlock button does work for the other 3 doors.

The only way to lock the door is to manually press the lock button on the door, or to use the key within the door. And the only way to unlock it (from outside) is to use the key in the keyhole.

I've read through some of the other topics on the subject, and it looks like if I want to get this fixed that I'll need a new part ($200-300) and it looks like it is not something that I can probably do myself, so I've got some labor costs in front of me too.

If there is anything you have to add for ideas or recommendations, please do let me know. Otherwise, I think this forum has provided me the information that I need.

Thank you.

I have a 2002 GS 300.

The driver's door lock/ unlock is not working with the key remote, or the auto-lock/unlock button within the car that manages all 4 doors. The key remote and auto lock/unlock button does work for the other 3 doors.

The only way to lock the door is to manually press the lock button on the door, or to use the key within the door. And the only way to unlock it (from outside) is to use the key in the keyhole.

I've read through some of the other topics on the subject, and it looks like if I want to get this fixed that I'll need a new part ($200-300) and it looks like it is not something that I can probably do myself, so I've got some labor costs in front of me too.

If there is anything you have to add for ideas or recommendations, please do let me know. Otherwise, I think this forum has provided me the information that I need.

Thank you.

Have you checked the fuse for the door lock system? It sounds as though all of the possible ways to lock/unlock the doors are without power at the same time, wich would lead me to want to start with the fuse.

• 2 months later...