Got Our Jeep!

SW03ES

Well...the ol' Prius is finally on the way out!

Drove home a new 2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo X 4x4 V6 tonight. The wife was a little apprehensive but she drove it home while I followed in the Lexus and did great...she loves the thing! After all that arguing about it...

Anyways, its "Natural Green Pearl" which is a dark green, almost black. Very sharp, black interior. Navigation, sunroof, tow package. Got an incredible deal, too good to pass up. Sticker was $39,000 and I paid about $32,500. Not bad.

Got a Carmax offer for the Prius for 9k, we have a week on it we will probably put it on the market in that week and see if we can get $10k or $11k...

So far we are really impressed with the Jeep. It drives *great*...super smooth, quiet and stable. Technology is good, the Uconnect voice recognition is WAY better than on the Lexus. Still some rainyness around today, so hopefully tomorrow will be clear and I can get her all cleaned up and post some pictures...

Yeah the dark Green is cool, and a definite thumbs up on the black interior. The saddle comes off to rustic looking for me. I have just about 7,000 miles on mine now. I've already been to the Nantahala River for some white water rafting and trout fishing with it. The V6 always had enough power going up those mountain sides, I averaged 75-80 mph for 1800 mile trip we got 23 mpg average, two adults and about 400lbs of crap in the back. Considering we're back on 87 octane also for a bit of savings there has been nice coming from the MB ML, but maybe not so much coming from a Prius I know, but not bad anyway. As i said I have about 7k miles on it now, and the mpg is getting better on average I've noticed. The same route to the shop and home used to average about 17 mpg, I now see 18 border 19 mpg now for the same trip.

I have a squeaky driver seat I have to have them fix, and it needs the TSB ecu reflash to update the shift points and smoothen out a couple flat spots in the throttle, from what I hear it's a very nice adjustment when you get it back. Other than that it's been a great truck. I do like it now too. rolleyes.gif

OHH!!! I see how it is! I sign that agreement and 48 hours later, there's a new ride in the garage! Yep...you'll be needing that bumper sticker, W!

Joking aside, nice set of wheels!! My wife will thank you for the lack of snow this year. But me? Well, I've got a $800 snow blower to pay off by suckering in some new neighbors in the VA burbs soon to $50 a driveway!

Haha! You found me out Rob!

Yeah we're real happy with it so far. I've been driving it all weekend and this afternoon I took my sunglasses and such and put them back in the Lexus so I'll have them for the week. I was a little sad! Lol

I'm really impressed with the material quality, which is something Jeeps never had in the past...

Drove home a new 2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo X 4x4 V6 tonight. The wife was a little apprehensive but she drove it home while I followed in the Lexus and did great...she loves the thing! After all that arguing about it...

Anyways, its "Natural Green Pearl" which is a dark green, almost black. Very sharp, black interior. Navigation, sunroof, tow package. Got an incredible deal, too good to pass up. Sticker was $39,000 and I paid about $32,500. Not bad.

Got a Carmax offer for the Prius for 9k, we have a week on it we will probably put it on the market in that week and see if we can get $10k or $11k...

So far we are really impressed with the Jeep. It drives *great*...super smooth, quiet and stable. Technology is good, the Uconnect voice recognition is WAY better than on the Lexus. Still some rainyness around today, so hopefully tomorrow will be clear and I can get her all cleaned up and post some pictures...

I told you they could be had fairly cheap! NICE!

You guys are avg'ing 19mpg HWY smooth? That cant be right. Thats downright awful. I get 23-24 in my Ram.

I told you they could be had fairly cheap! NICE!

You guys are avg'ing 19mpg HWY smooth? That cant be right. Thats downright awful. I get 23-24 in my Ram.

I get about 24 on the hwy. From what I read on the forums the V6 gets much better city driving numbers which is my Monday thru Friday, 35 mph stop and go back and fourth to work. There I'm getting about 19 mpg. now where I was getting about 17 before.

Haha! You found me out Rob!

Yeah we're real happy with it so far. I've been driving it all weekend and this afternoon I took my sunglasses and such and put them back in the Lexus so I'll have them for the week. I was a little sad! Lol

I'm really impressed with the material quality, which is something Jeeps never had in the past...

So this is Mrs. SW's primary ride now? We kinda swapped around cars in our household, I used to drive the IS back and fourth to the shop most of the time, and took the ML on trips and weekend family errands and such, wife drove the VW Jetta all the time. Since I swapped to the Jeep, I now drive the Jeep most of the time, wife drives the IS all the time now and the VW has become a spare car.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been around here for awhile, but you got me thinking SW. Lol :rolleyes: I've always wanted to drive a new Grand Cherokee as I too love the way they look. Interiors always remind me of a Benz. The one Jeep that I really DISLIKED was the new Liberty. Had one as a rental, and I was fairly disappointed in it. Got about 13mpg in that thing, and had a rough ride to it.

You should go drive one!

Yeah she drives it primarily. I drive so much for work that it would be too expensive to drive the Jeep.

Hi Steve,

I'm not in the market, but I am curious how the ride and cabin noise compare to the ES350. Additionaly, it seems like the RX is better than the average SUV when it comes to these categories, but from all the positive comments about the Grand Cherokee, it seems like it may be even better than the RX. What do you think?

Paul

It rides great and its really quiet. Has a trucky-ness to its ride which you'd expect, so the ES rides better but its almost as quiet. I wouldn't even consider an RX over this Jeep...for what the RX costs optioned up you could get an Overland Summit with way more equipment and style.

It rides great and its really quiet. Has a trucky-ness to its ride which you'd expect, so the ES rides better but its almost as quiet. I wouldn't even consider an RX over this Jeep...for what the RX costs optioned up you could get an Overland Summit with way more equipment and style.

up.

Thanks for the information....sounds like a heck of a ride, especially when compared to the RX as you pointed out. As I said, I'm not in the market, but you sure have my curiosity reved up. I feel a trip to the dealer coming on.

Yeah, be ready for a surprise. I traded my Mercedes in on mine, and I have to say that I haven't been disappointed.