Hybrid Parking Only..

This is the first time I've seen this. I was at a local store (Mountain Equipment Co-op) that is geared to an outdoor lifestyle and the environmentally conscious. Anyway, I pulled into the parking lot and there beside the handicap parking spots were two spots reserved for "hybrid, electric and other low emission vehicles" (or something along those lines).

Just a little perk for driving a hybrid (my car insurance company also offers a discount for hybrids).

Yeah...still it gets better mileage than a lot of other SUVs in it's size class. The sign is not very specific - I mean, could I park a VW diesel Jetta or Golf there? What about a Subaru Outback PZEV (Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle)? Personally, I would do away with the 'low emissions' part and just stick to hybrid/electric.

This is the first time I've seen this. I was at a local store (Mountain Equipment Co-op) that is geared to an outdoor lifestyle and the environmentally conscious. Anyway, I pulled into the parking lot and there beside the handicap parking spots were two spots reserved for "hybrid, electric and other low emission vehicles" (or something along those lines).

Just a little perk for driving a hybrid (my car insurance company also offers a discount for hybrids).

Hi lemon, I am your fellow canuck from the great white north. Yes, I have been to the parking lot in MEC, and what a treat.

They have those at Tysons Corner mall...

Fresh & Easy Grocery Store in So Cal has hybrid parking too. Now that we have an EV ... I'm hoping they'll go whole hog, and install L2 charge stations too.

:)

Did you get an EV? Cool...which one?

There are a couple lots here with charge stations.