Fuel Gauge

Matt61

COould use some help, I replace the fuel gauge needle, old needle burnt out, replaced needle and now the fuel gauge just goes about 1/2 the way up and stays there and I have a full tank. anyone have any advise? I bought another used dash and mechanic replaced it and fuel gauge still will not work.

Appreictae if anyone has any advise for me. thanks Mclark

did the problem start occurring right after you replaced the burned out needle? Or was the problem there before that?

If you installed a different cluster that hadn't been tampered with, and if the needle still didn't go all the way up, then it's not an issue with the cluster. It's just odd that this started happening after you replaced the burned out needle, but the problem persists with a different cluster...

thanks for responding, It started when the fuel needle was replaced, then it happened, so I bought Another dash cluster off e-bay for needles and to see if the fuel gauge worked and mnechanic replaced it, and its the same thingonly goes half way up.

thanks for responding, It started when the fuel needle was replaced, then it happened, so I bought Another dash cluster off e-bay for needles and to see if the fuel gauge worked and mnechanic replaced it, and its the same thingonly goes half way up.

Could simply be coincidental, but have you thought about the sending unit in the gas tank.

Could simply be coincidental, but have you thought about the sending unit in the gas tank.

I agree with Paul, it must just be coincidence... Check all the units that send info to the cluster, as most likely the cluster is just fine.