2008 Gx Front Doors Do Not Lock

Booyah

Weird issue started last night--I have an 08 and when you go to lock the doors the two front doors will not lock--you can see them jog a little but do not lock.. The back doors and rear lock fine. also I have them set to auto lock after you take off and again all lock but the front doors?

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds like the door lock actuators are starting to go out on you. When you press lock on the remote, the car doesn't "Beep" right? Common issue on Toyotas as I've found out. I've had all my door locks on my GX replaced except the left rear passenger (which is the door that is rarely opened/closed.

Do you have a spare key in the glove box or somewhere in the SUV?

Even if he did have a spare key inside the car, it wouldnt matter because the GX470 doesnt have smart key. A car with a smart key and a spare key inside the glove box will not lock any doors at all and instead you get a long "beep"

Either they are worn out, or the quality of the actuators that Lexus used isn't that great. All of my actuators have gone out on my GX470 except one door. In my 4Runner my driver's door actuator has gone out already right before warranty expired.

• 2 weeks later...

They die, do a search on the RX300 forum and their is a piggy back solution to fixing the door locks for less than $10......

here it is:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50694&st=0&p=326855&hl=+door%20+lock%20+actuator%20+failure&fromsearch=1entry326855