No Power While In Gear And Cats Sound Really Hot Really Fast

celtichammer1

94 Ls 400: tranny lost power the other day while driving (after about 60 miles). If the car is in park it will rev to about 4500 before cutting out(limiter?. I limped it home and changed the fuel filter but that didnt help. The next morning started it up and it drove fine for 20 miles or so then started the same thing but this time the a/c seemed to also be failing. Now its right off the bat acting up.Started it up and ran the rpm's up for a couple minutes(not straight) and the cats seemed to get hot really fast. Checked the trunk wires, nothing seems broken on the harness,under the hood things appear to be as they should, that is nothing obvious like vacuum lines or plugs loose.Recent repairs (6mo to present): timing belt,water pump,radiator,rt. rear wheel bearing assembly,plugs and wires,altenator,fuel filter.Any ideas or direction pointing would be greatly appreciated before i (gag) have to send it to the shop.

seems like it would be throwing codes for you.. with the cats getting so hot, it is running rich, I dont think lean would heat them up, so check the mass air flow out, and your throttle body. surely you have checked your air filter.....

check the tutorials on this link for some ideas.

http://www.lexls.com/

It sounds like the usual coil failure,it's normally the passenger side one that goes opposite and slightly below the battery tray. Also check the HT lead from it to the distributor cap as they can be damaged if not routed correctly.