Questions On 2010 Es

tim john

I have a 2010 ES for a loaner while my 04 ES is at the dealer for some work. How do you turn on the interior light? I only see one small one in the rear area of the car. On the nav. system, how do you set the screen to go dark when on map at night? I had another 2010 ES a couple weeks ago and when I drove home at night the screen changed on its own and this one didn't. But just a few minutes ago I pulled in my garage and it changed. I left work Fri at 11:00p.m. and this car stayed on white. Too bright at night for me, I found out how to turn the brightness down, that helped. Great car, Have it all weekend, nice long test drive. Thanks for any info, might have to sell the 04 and get one of these cars.

Tim

The nav screen and instrument lighting automatically dim, (background turns black on nav) when the headlight sensor comes on. The brightness of the instruments can be adjusted by the rotary wheel to the left of the steering wheel column. If you turn the rotary wheel all the way to the top,(stop point) it will turn the nav screen back to white and the instruments all the way full on. Pretty bright!

The interior lights are turned on by the buttons on the overhead panel. These can be somewhat confusing in that if you push one button the rear overhead light will not come on when you open the doors. But you won't know that until you have the occasion to open the doors and thus may not make the connection. Just push the button again and all is well.

Hope this answers your questions. The 2010/2011 is a great car. Make the jump!

Paul

Thanks for all the help on this. This is a great car, all the dealer wants is a full tank of gas and it was full when I picked it up. Great time for a test drive. I have all weekend. My 04 is a great car, but if I can get a good trade in, just might go for a 08 or 09. Got time to think about it. Thanks and have good and save holiday.

Tim