Leather Restoration

apoc519

anyone got any home remedies for softening up the leather seats? The seat portions have turned hard but I can tell they were once a lot softer because the sides and backs are still in good condition. Some kind of oil or something I can lather on there? Leather conditioner doesn't seem to do a whole lot, is it mainly for cleaning?

MAN, I used this Meguiars Gold Class Leather Cleaner/Conditioner on my 1993 LS400 and on Acura Legend (same bottle) and it turned the leather harder than what it was before. But the leather shined and looked as if it was clean though. I never had a leather interior car until these two, and after using this, I thought that the leather should be harder, but alot of people want to know how to get it softer. :blink:

Then I guess this is a piece of crap.

Link:

Meguiars Gold Class

Or maybe not????????

MAN, I used this Meguiars Gold Class Leather Cleaner/Conditioner on my 1993 LS400 and on Acura Legend (same bottle) and it turned the leather harder than what it was before. But the leather shined and looked as if it was clean though. I never had a leather interior car until these two, and after using this, I thought that the leather should be harder, but alot of people want to know how to get it softer. :blink:

Then I guess this is a piece of crap.

Link:

Meguiars Gold Class

Or maybe not????????

that stuff stripped the leather off of my shift knob