Gauge Cluster

does anybody know wat kind of lightz r in tha gauge cluster of a 93-97 gs300? im talking about tha lightz for tha speedometer and rpm. there r 8 bulbz total but im not sure wat size they r and i need 2 change them since some of tha bulbz r broken. can anyone help out? thanx.

you'll ahve to go to the dealer to get the lights. they are not a standard size available at auto parts stores. i had to replace mine when i bough the car and hunted all over before realizing that. toyota dealerships didn't even have the bulbs!! i had to go to lexus.

Hey, I am new to the club, but I think I can help you out. I have a '98 GS400, black on black, that I changed out all of the interior bulbs on. I switched all the door, dome, map, and under dash lights out to green LEDs. Looks very good!! Or atleast I think so. I went through, www.autolumination.com. They have a ton of bulbs at an unbeilievable price.

You can also go to www.sylvania.com and get a print out of the lights that are in your car. The interesting thing is that they say that the instrument lights are 194's. I think that they are most likely the 74's that Lexus uses under the dash. I know it sucks, but if you can't find out... the only way to do it is to take the thing apart.... lol

I am sure Lexus will tell you..

• 2 weeks later...

How in the world were you able to replace those dash lights? I have a 99 GS300 and was just looking at it and it looks tighter than Fort Knox... I'd love to get in there and pop that Check Engine Light as well, since I need a $700 charcoal canister to stop that light from glowing.

i took that *BLEEP* apart but still duno wat size bulb it is....it aint tha 74'z or 194'z...i also called a lexus dealer and they dunt really help wid *BLEEP*...all they said wuz it wuz $7 something dollas and duno wat size...so im confused..some help out on tha size of tha bulb that lightz up tha rpm and speedometer for a 93 gs300..thanx

i took that *BLEEP* apart but still duno wat size bulb it is....it aint tha 74'z or 194'z...i also called a lexus dealer and they dunt really help wid *BLEEP*...all they said wuz it wuz $7 something dollas and duno wat size...so im confused..some help out on tha size of tha bulb that lightz up tha rpm and speedometer for a 93 gs300..thanx

Post a pic, or wait till I do mine. Everything I checked said it was a 194