98 Gs300 Fuel/temp Guage Broken

I have a 98 GS300 in great shape. We left the dome light on and had to jump start the car. After it was jump started the fuel and temperture guage dont work (both in the same dash pod). The low fuel indicator still works. Both needles just peg until they hit the stop. Given the coinicidence that they went out when jumping the car, I hope there is a fuse or link blown somewhere I cant find. Fuses appear in tact. Any troubleshooting advise would be greatly appriciated.

I have a 98 GS300 in great shape. We left the dome light on and had to jump start the car. After it was jump started the fuel and temperture guage dont work (both in the same dash pod). The low fuel indicator still works. Both needles just peg until they hit the stop. Given the coinicidence that they went out when jumping the car, I hope there is a fuse or link blown somewhere I cant find. Fuses appear in tact. Any troubleshooting advise would be greatly appriciated.

I have 1992 Sc 400 and kind of have the same issue, Except I changed the needles on the fuel and temp gauges, now the fuel go just a little below the half mark and doesn't move and stays there, and the temp gauge now goes up 3/4 the way and I ;ve it checked motor not running hot. Does anyone know about fuel gauge issues after changing the lighted needles? some mechanic said for fuel gauge motor needs replace and that over $300.00. Anyone ever had this problem or any ideas? appreciate the help

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

What was the cause of the gauges not working in your 98 Lexus? Mine did the same thing after I had the ground cable disconnected and reconnected. I Would think maybe a fuse was someway involved when I re-attached (-) battery cable.

• 4 years later...

Hi, I have a gs300 2003 with same problem. The temp and fuel gauge appears to have spun all the way round and are now stuck under the pin so cant go up to show fuel or temp. Reading the other comments I think I had a jump start previously and just didnt notice. When I did I had just had it on a trickle charge for a few hours. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks