96 Es300 Overheating

96 es300

hey guys im new to this forum and i have a real important question , i have a 96 es300 with 3.0 v6 and when i sit a a redlight in the hottest part of the day while the ac is running and when i got to take off from the redlight the car will overheat very badly any ideas or answers will be great

-Thanks

Is it overheating as you sit at the stoplight? Does the temp come down as you drive? If yes then I'd surmise either the radiator fan is not working properly or at all. That's the place to start, verify proper operation of the electric cooling fan.

it will if you sit there long enough it will and after you start moving after about 10 minutes it will go down and the fan isnt just electric its got some kind of hose going to the top of the fan motor to some where down the right side of the motor

That's most likely a fan that isn't working properly. At idle you don't have enough air flowing over the radiator. Slight possibility it could be a partially clogged radiator, worn waterpump impellers or low coolant but fan is the first thing I'd be looking at.

The fan is controlled by a solenoid in the power steering pump. When there is a demand for cooler air the solenoid allows maximum pressure to the fan to turn it harder and faster, like in traffic or stop lights. Check your fluid in the power steering reservoir and also observe the fan speed. If it is not working or going faster, jump the pins E and FB and you should see the fan spin faster. if that does not happen there is a problem with either the solenoid or wiring.