Easy Lights Question

youngdoog

Where do I find those strange low watt bulbs for my Ls400 1994? After a long search, I had to go to the Lexus dealer far, far away for 2 - 3W vanity bulbs for the pull down visor. Look like small glass fuses-cost $6.50 EACH-plus travel. They only had 2 in stock, too.

Now I need a glove compartment bulb-1.2 Watt! Looked everywhere here in Vegas-and on the Internet. No luck. Any help?

Youngdoog from Vegas

You know, now Youngdoog found the bulb I needed at a local store. Problem is that it doesn't work. So now the question is-

What can go wrong with the Glove compartment light other than the bulb? Since the glove compartment is so small, it can probably only store 1 glove, this is not a critical issue. But it would be nice to have all the lights working....

Any thoughts are appreciated.

are you sure the buld you bought is good? silly question I know, but sometimes it happens that you get a bad bulb. Use a volt meter or a test light to make sure current is getting to the connectors in the glove box. A wire may have been pulled out of the back of the glove box at one time.

steviej

Also, make sure your headlights are on when you check it because the glove box light only comes on with the head lights. I replaced the bulb just like you only to find out that the bulb was fine. Give it a try and good luck ;)

Yippee!!! Thanks, Blake 918 and all the others. Naturally, I didn't realize that the headlights had to be "on" for the glove compartment light to work. So I ran out to my garage, turned on the headlights, and guess what?

Still no light in the glove compartment. Hmm...

So I took some other posted advice, and played with the prongs on the Sylvania mini-bulb. Re-inserted it, and BINGO! Lights in the glove compartment.

Thanks to you all, and thanks to the Lexusownersclub. It is a great idea, and has already proven invaluable.

We're always glad to help a fellow Lexus owner ;). There's nothing like a burnt light to annoy the hell out of you. My LS has a burnt "ECT PWR" light on the dash. I never use that mode, but it just *BLEEP*es me off to know that there is a burnt bulb in the speedo.

:cheers: