Es 350 Wont Start

KMJ9

2007 ES350. Alarm went off twice in Hurricane last night. Car will not start now. Dash illuminates, Start Button goes green, but will not crank. Security light flashes. I disconnected/reconnected the battery, but no change. Is the engine immobilizing system activated? Any suggestions?

2007 ES350. Alarm went off twice in Hurricane last night. Car will not start now. Dash illuminates, Start Button goes green, but will not crank. Security light flashes. I disconnected/reconnected the battery, but no change. Is the engine immobilizing system activated? Any suggestions?

You might check with a dealer to see if they have a solution/suggestion. Good luck.

Yeah I don't know, the electrical systems of these cars are so complex its hard for me to give you any ideas.

I see you are in MD. Where in MD? You can call my mechanic, he's a 16 year Lexus master tech that started his own shop, LXT Automotive in Rockville. His number is 301-681-4033. Tell him Steve Withrow sent you...

If its no longer under warranty something like this is going to cost a fortune at the dealer, he'll take good care of you.

You might check with a dealer to see if they have a solution/suggestion. Good luck.

LexBob...love ya man, but I don't think that was the advice he was looking for,lol

unfortunately I have nothing to add, interesting problem though..welcome to the world of computer controlled cars...nothing simple

Thanks guys, will call mechanic in morning. The manual states it has an "Engine Immobilization System" in the event of theft. I'm thinking that it may think it is stolen! There must be some way to reset the thing without towing to dealer. No? Basic steps in User Manual did not work.

Thanks guys, will call mechanic in morning. The manual states it has an "Engine Immobilization System" in the event of theft. I'm thinking that it may think it is stolen! There must be some way to reset the thing without towing to dealer. No? Basic steps in User Manual did not work.

Let us know how you come out. There's a good chance a mechanic or dealer has encountered this before. Hopefully it's a quick fix.

Naa, the engine immobilizer is nothing so high tech. It basically just won't let the engine start without the presence of the transponder key.

Call Nelson and see what he says...

My two cents worth, the batteries can rundown quickly, enough to even look OK, but below the required voltage to start, the alarm would use a fair amount of juice and may have run down a weakened or aged battery. If it's the original battery it 4-5 years old now, and that's about it for batteries now a days. Not sure if that helps, but worth charging up the battery first.

My two cents worth, the batteries can rundown quickly, enough to even look OK, but below the required voltage to start, the alarm would use a fair amount of juice and may have run down a weakened or aged battery. If it's the original battery it 4-5 years old now, and that's about it for batteries now a days. Not sure if that helps, but worth charging up the battery first.

I'll second that. For whatever reason, Japanese car batteries tend to die quicker than others. The HID's really suck the juice as well.

Example: Came home one night from the grocery store, took a load of bags in the house, but left the trunk lid up. The phone rang and I was on a call for about 20 mins. Back outside, I found the headlights/foglights still on! Seems that as long as the trunk lid was open, the headlights stayed on. I got the rest of the groceries out, shut the trunk and went in for the night. Next morning, the battery was dead and I had to jump it from my other car. I figured there'd be a switch somewhere that would shut off the headlights, even if the trunk or door were open for an extended period, but evidently not.