Air Condition Problems

Hi I have a 1998 gs300 with 134k miles on it. My A/C NOT BLOWING COLD AS IT SHOULD on hot days. I had my A/C serviced a few times for the same problem, works good for a while then back to same problem. Also the A/C controls (floor/window/etc) acts up, doesn't switch when you want it to. Dont know if this is related or not. Anyone know what the problem is??

It's most likely an incorrect Freon charge. The amount of Freon in the system is extremely critical, especially in the hot months of July and August. Another cause could be a clogged radiator or condenser, which would cause your AC to run less efficiently. Regardless, have it checked out at your local Lexus service center.

Well guys I checked the pressure on the Low side and discovered it needed more Freon. Went to my local store and got me some Freon and added some while being careful not to over fill it, and WOW it's cold again. I guess I have a small leak somewhere. As for the problem with it switching by itself from head to floor air flow...it's intermittent and I won't worry about it for now. And yes I do hear a rattling sound from behind the dash before it starts to switch. When I find the leak I will post a reply. Thanks.

Well guys I checked the pressure on the Low side and discovered it needed more Freon. Went to my local store and got me some Freon and added some while being careful not to over fill it, and WOW it's cold again. I guess I have a small leak somewhere. As for the problem with it switching by itself from head to floor air flow...it's intermittent and I won't worry about it for now. And yes I do hear a rattling sound from behind the dash before it starts to switch. When I find the leak I will post a reply. Thanks.

I spoke too soon. After adding Freon the lights on the control module now flashes (from insideair to Outside air) indicating their is an error logged in the system. And the compressor starts and stops along with the lights flashing. I think i over charged it. Or the system failed, any ideas?