'92 Ls400 Cd Changer "err" Help!

Ehong33234

Hello Everyone, I have been a faithful Lexus owner for 10+ years. My Lexus '92 LS400 just recently started having problems with the CD Changer. It is the factory Nakamichi 6 disc changer. When I put in a CD, the Head Unit just says "ERR"

I tried to clean all the CD's (nothing)

I tried to look in the Manual (nothing)

I tried to check the wiring (nothing)

If anyone has had this problem, or is experiencing it, I would really appreciate some HELP! I am a student and can't afford to buy a new audio system. Thank you in advance....

Email me with info: Ehong@SmartCardPros.com

I too am having this problem except my 6 dsic CD change is not Nakamichi. I was rear-ended while my CD changer was playing and after that my CD changer stopped playing. Ever since that happened the LCD says "ERR" when I try to play a CD. Does anyone know how this can be fixed. I really don't want to pay 250+$ for a cd player to be fixed.

I too am having this problem except my 6 dsic CD change is not Nakamichi. I was rear-ended while my CD changer was playing and after that my CD changer stopped playing. Ever since that happened the LCD says "ERR" when I try to play a CD. Does anyone know how this can be fixed. I really don't want to pay 250+$ for a cd player to be fixed.

Sounds like the person that hit you (or insurance) should be responsible.....

Most likely your all of you have the same problem and causations too. I think that the power had been cut off when someone hit you. Causing the CD Player to turn OFF. They have an ANTI-THEFT System built in them. If you take the player out or turn off the battery of your car, the car player will think that it has been stolen and will not turn on unless you put the correct setted CODE in it. This is what happened to my friends Acura Legend, it said "ERR," he had to get the Code from the Acura dealer by giving them the players Serial #. If you look in the LS400 Manual you will find how to reset the Anti-Theft system.

*I have the manual and a scanner but I don't know how to place the pictures in the post.*

99lsguy: Don't worry about that... :)

93LSOwner: I am fully aware of how the anti-theft system works. It wouldn't say ERR if it was asking for the security code, it would say SEC.

I want to take the CD Player out but before I do that I want to know what the problems might be and how I would be able to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like your changer needs to be rebuilt. Before you give up, take another CD (not a downloaded) version and drop it in. See if it plays, then it's the CD.

Otherwise it's likely the player reader/head that needs to be replaced.

Try contacting United Radio. They can rebuild the Pioneers.

Nakamichi repairs, Factory Car stereo Repairs, Inc.