1996 Ls400 A/c, Temp/clock Gauge Shut Down

bdog

I was driving, A/C was blowing good. My wife dropped a penny in the cigarette lighter (that we never use), the A/C (clock and temp gauge) completely shut down. Turned car off, restarted and nothing. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Shawn

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

This subject has been covered before and a search of the forum would have provided your answer but as a new member I'll point you in the right direction, check the fuse panel above the drivers kick panel (remove 3 screws to access) and then check fuse 5 first (15A) then if this is OK check all the other fuses. The fuses should be listed on the cover.

There should be some spare fuses in the panel but make sure the penny is removed from the cigar lighter 1st and then replace with the same rating fuse.

An easy way to remove the coin is to attach some BluTac ( UK brand name sorry), a double sided sticky pad or even chewing gum onto a small screw driver or similar then press it onto the penny and remove.