2008 460Ls Brake Rotors

Although still under warranty Lexus inc has replaced all rotors for the third time yet I only have 37,000 mi. on this 2008 460LS.

I'm concerned as to what I should expect when the warranty is up. Any assistance would be appreciated. The service reps "can't understand it". I AM PROBABLY THE LIGHTEST ON THE BRAKE PEDAL and frequently use the manual tiptronic for braking expressly trying to preserve the rotors!

• 3 weeks later...

Some guys still don't know how to put on lugnuts properly. Clowns. I normally retorque everything myself

after getting home when anyone touches the wheels, but I got distracted and forgot this one time after the

brake assembly was worked on under warranty.

Sure enough, they warped shortly afterwards. When I checked there was one lugnut significantly tighter than the

others on both front tires. Dealer tried denying it by saying they didn't take the wheels off to replace the brake

assembly. I said that's a pretty good trick. He later agreed to fix it. Afterwards, I

made sure I retorqued them myself. Again, they were unevenly torqued. No issues since.

This isn't an isolated incident. The clowns at Costco did the same to another car of mine years ago.

Waving their torque wrenches around is meaningless. Most guys are lazy and use their impact wrenches

to spin the nuts on first. FAIL.

• 2 months later...

Although still under warranty Lexus inc has replaced all rotors for the third time yet I only have 37,000 mi. on this 2008 460LS.

I'm concerned as to what I should expect when the warranty is up. Any assistance would be appreciated. The service reps "can't understand it". I AM PROBABLY THE LIGHTEST ON THE BRAKE PEDAL and frequently use the manual tiptronic for braking expressly trying to preserve the rotors!

What issues are you having with your brakes? Pulsation? Premature wear? Noise? If it's pulsation, I agree with aqualung. If your wheels are improperly torqued after a simple tire rotation, a pulsation is sure to follow. The fact that your dealer can't figure out why this is happening is scary. I would be questioning their ability to properly service your vehicle. I certainly would not get away with that answer and Lexus would be asking my manager what I am doing working on your car. P.S. DON'T use aftermarket brake parts.

• 1 year later...