Gasoline Stations?

LexyLuv49

Which gasoline stations are better? I've been putting Shell in her. I know that its suppose to shift at like 15/25 and then at 35 or so but she's not doing that. It does it but its just not right like its sluggish or something, like its a low dragging. I can't really describe it. Hubby said it may be the gas, I thought maybe they did something to her when they put on the new tires. He said that doesn't have anything to do with it. IDK.

Which gasoline stations are better? I've been putting Shell in her. I know that its suppose to shift at like 15/25 and then at 35 or so but she's not doing that. It does it but its just not right like its sluggish or something, like its a low dragging. I can't really describe it. Hubby said it may be the gas, I thought maybe they did something to her when they put on the new tires. He said that doesn't have anything to do with it. IDK.

gas station does not matter, and symptoms you are describing are not octane related, or anything having to do with the tires

you are describing a transmission problem (though kinda vaguely) ..recommend having Lexus take a look

tranny symptoms can be subtle at first, so worth having it taken a look at

hope you are under warranty, cause if you need tranny work, o boy on price if you have to pay

lexus tranny's usually extremely reliable, so kinda weird

Yeah as long as you're using a quality gasoline (I only buy gas from brand gas stations, Exxon, Shell, Sunoco, etc). Are you running premium?

Is this with the transmission a new thing? These cars kinda have jerky transmissions. The ES350 is much better than previous ES', but it still can jerk you around a little...

The last time I put gas in, it was from Shell and it was premium. While I was on vacation 1 or 2 times I put in regular and I can't remember where. :huh: I'm trying to run the gas out and then put in Shell again, hubby said I need to run her good like blowing it out. I guess he's paying for the ticket. :lol: Thx for the replies, I LOVE it here, always such great feedback. :) I'll let you know.

The last time I put gas in, it was from Shell and it was premium. While I was on vacation 1 or 2 times I put in regular and I can't remember where. :huh: I'm trying to run the gas out and then put in Shell again, hubby said I need to run her good like blowing it out. I guess he's paying for the ticket. :lol: Thx for the replies, I LOVE it here, always such great feedback. :) I'll let you know.

still doubt it is the gas..don't see how those those tranny issue you describe are going to be caused by inferior gas

would be nice if it was the gas, easy fix, lol

I agree that it's probably not the gas but strictly a transmission issue. Also agree that if your car is under warranty you should have it looked at. Even if the dealer says it's operating normally you'll be on record as taking it in if you need to go back for some work.

Taking it in on Monday (Labor Day). I'll let you know, hubby has driven it for the past 3 days and he said its fine just a nice smooth shift. Not to me. Its under warranty so I'm taking it. Yep it will definitely be on record just in case. TTYL

Taking it in on Monday (Labor Day). I'll let you know, hubby has driven it for the past 3 days and he said its fine just a nice smooth shift. Not to me. Its under warranty so I'm taking it. Yep it will definitely be on record just in case. TTYL

Good luck. Did you have your previous car for a long time? Maybe it's just an adjustment period, getting used to the new car. 6 speed transmission, drive by wire throttle etc. When I got my '07 the driving experience was different than I was used to. With the '10 there wasn't much of an adustment.

Good luck. Did you have your previous car for a long time? Maybe it's just an adjustment period, getting used to the new car. 6 speed transmission, drive by wire throttle etc. When I got my '07 the driving experience was different than I was used to. With the '10 there wasn't much of an adustment.

yeah, I am thinking is the same, likely not a tranny problem, just not adjusted to car yet

suspect that tranny symptoms would have been noticed by "hubby" or any other driver if there was an actual problem

anyway, good luck with it Lexy, and let us know what they have to say

OMG, I'm GOOOOOD. :P I know that I know my car. I bought it in Jan 10 and it's the only thing I drive. Ok, anywho. The transmission had to be calibrated. I asked was it a recall they said no. This is what the ticket says, "TSIB 0027-09 Available for this concern. Performed TSIB for shift concern. Performed L -SB-0027 to enhance shifting performance". Hope the hell this doesn't mean later on transmission problems. Lets forget I even said that. :chairshot: Poor hubby, maybe he just wasn't paying attention, its ok. :whistles: It's fixed now. Thx everyone. TTYL

OMG, I'm GOOOOOD. :P I know that I know my car. I bought it in Jan 10 and it's the only thing I drive. Ok, anywho. The transmission had to be calibrated. I asked was it a recall they said no. This is what the ticket says, "TSIB 0027-09 Available for this concern. Performed TSIB for shift concern. Performed L -SB-0027 to enhance shifting performance". Hope the hell this doesn't mean later on transmission problems. Lets forget I even said that. :chairshot: Poor hubby, maybe he just wasn't paying attention, its ok. :whistles: It's fixed now. Thx everyone. TTYL

can you feel a difference? I assume yes from your excitement,lol

• 3 weeks later...