1997 Ls400 Wallet Key Does Not Work

topps

I have a 1997 LS400 and the factory wallet key in the black plastic sleave does not open the doors or the trunk like it should.

Anyone know about this key. I want the most inexpensive way to cut a 2nd wallet or vallet key so I can hide it under the car in

case the keys get locked inside

I have a 1997 LS400 and the factory wallet key in the black plastic sleave does not open the doors or the trunk like it should.

Anyone know about this key. I want the most inexpensive way to cut a 2nd wallet or vallet key so I can hide it under the car in

case the keys get locked inside

I think that is how a valet key is supposed to work. You hand it to the valet parking attendant so that he/she can drive your car but cannot get into your glovebox or trunk. Should unlock the drivers door I think.

I assume this car is new to you based on the questions you are asking. The wallet key is mainly for getting into the car. If yours doesn't unlock the doors, it probably doesn't go with your car. One way to get a replacement cheap is from one of the online discount Lexus parts suppliers like Sewell Lexus in Texas.

The best way to keep from locking yourself out is to NEVER use the inside lock buttons to lock the doors when getting out of the car. Always use the remote or lock the door with the key from the outside. I haven't heard of anyone hiding a key under their car for at least 30 years.