P1130 - 1999 Rx300

dv25382

Can someone help me with trying to understand where this sensor is located and how I can change it myself without going to the dealer.

Already order the sensoe online

Would be nice to see any pictures on exactly where this sensor is as I do not see it.

Can someone help me with trying to understand where this sensor is located and how I can change it myself without going to the dealer.

Would be nice to see any pictures on exactly where this sensor is as I do not see it.

Do a search for Bank1, Sensor1. There is PLENTY on the replacement of the sensors, if not on this forum, try Club Lexus. It is the more difficult one to replace. It is back by the firewall and has to be changed from the bottom (either the vehicle jacked up and jack stands used or changed on a lift or from a pit) It cannot be changed from the top. I would highly advise reading the VERY good write-ups on changing, along with good pictures. It shouldn't be bad that way, but may be very frustrating if you try it without the aid of those helps. The B1S1 (rear sensor is the one that most often goes out 1st.)

HEADS UP...!!!

You may not need a new oxygen sensor if you have had a recent VSC or Trac activation, especially for an extended period/time. Prior to DBW adoption (RX330 and beyond) EFI fuel cut/starvation was used to dethrottle the engine. Unless the driver knew to QUICKLY release the gas pedal lots of unburned oxygen will reach the already HOT oxygen sensor and catalytic converter. Not sure why but that appears to temporarily change the composition of the oxygen sensing element and now the oxygen sensor will give out false readings for the next few drive cycles.