Need A Spare Key

I recently lost the spare key for my 2001 GS300 and the "stealership" wants $360 PLUS programming fee for a replacement. I have searched this forum for the best place to buy a new one but all the info appears dated. Has anyone ordered a replacement recently? I still have a master so I would like one that is cut and I could program myself.

Any leads on a good place online to buy would be greatly appreciated!

With the forum discount, Sewell Lexus sells a replacement master remote key cut to your car's VIN for $152.20. www.sewellpartsonline.com

Programming the key is fairly easy- there are actually two separate procedures which you should be able to find with a search on the forum. One is for programming the remote buttons and the other is for the immobilizer system.

Good luck.

Hi All,

I'm new here and am glad I found this site!

I just had this happen, I just inherited a 2001 GS 300 and no one knows what happened to the master key.

Went to a dealership who wanted $300, $250 for the key and $50 to 'program' it....

I went to sparecarkeys.com

I got 2 keys for $19.95 each and they cut them for me for $25 each. Check out the website for info for what you need,

you'll have to show proof it's your car or have the factory key code, AND either a master key or the emergency card/key transponder to program in the new key(s), a valet key won't work, I tried ;_

They also sent me SUPER EASY instructions on how to 'program' the new keys into the car.

I had them both working in a couple of minutes.

I was really happy as I sent my order in on a Friday afternoon and by the next Monday I had a notification

that they were shipped and had them in my hands that Wednesday.

I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone!!!!!

Good Luck

Well first the good news….yesterday I played at the same golf course I played at about a month ago when I lost my spare. I checked in the pro shop and VOILA! someone had found my key and turned it in, so now I have a spare.

Txateer, I was about to order from sparekeys.com but the price on the web site said $109.95! How did you get one for $19.95?

For the record I checked www.sewellpartsonline.com and they wanted $185 plus $65 to ship to Canada! (I think it weighs about 5 ounces)

Hey 01,

I didn't get the remote key, just the one with the transponder. If you look at the page they have a remote shell, a remote KEY, and then the blanks with the transponders....Sorry, I should have been a little clearer :)

tX

• 2 weeks later...

the transponders = you mean like the valet key ? right ?

All keys that will start the car have transponders in them. There are several combinations available.

Generic transponder only, cut as a master, programmed as a master. With this key, additional keys can be programmed.

Generic transponder only, cut as a valet, programmed as a valet (sub-key). With this key, additional keys cannot be programmed.

OEM Lexus transponder only, cut as a master, programmed as a master. With this key, additional keys can be programmed. (black head)

OEM Lexus transponder only, cut as a valet, programmed as a valet (sub-key). With this key, additional keys cannot be programmed. (grey head)

OEM Lexus transponder and remote, cut as a master, programmed as a master. With this key, additional keys can be programmed.

Note it is also possible to program an OEM Lexus transponder only or generic transponder only, cut as a valet, as a master. With it, additional keys can be programmed.