Play Dvds On Nav And Rear Tvs

haplain

I got my 1999 LX 470 about a 1.5 years ago. I had an Audiovox overhead DVD video system added on behind the sunroof (replaced the roof light with DVD system) installed at Circuit City. It hangs down kind of low and when the screen is down it blocks some of the rear view mirror view. DVD / CD's are put directly into the overhead unit NOT under the seat in a DVD player :P . I put it in so that our kids could watch movies or listen to their own CD's while we are traveling on long trips. I have aremote control for the unit and Infra Red wireless head phones for kids only sound or we can choose to hear the sound from the DVD player over the Nachomichi original equipment car stereo system. The prices for these mobile video systems has come down quite a bit since I had mine installed shortly after I bought this vehicle. I am still very happy with the option of being able to listen to cd's or the radio while the kids can listen to what they want to in the back. I also like to be able to watch the TV (ballgames) while tailgating. :cheers: I hope this info helps ( I would recommend this setup) just make sure that you are ok with how low it will hang down while in use or when folded closed.

You have a great opportunity that I do not have. If you have dual mounted LCD's in each head rest ... I would ask for TWO separate RCA connections ( one for each TV .... that would give you the opportunity to use a bag VCR of DVD player (DC to AC converter) and your could plug in DVD, CD, VCR, (RCA jack video games, playstation, game cube, nintendo ... ) into either or both video screens. You already have a lot of flexability built into your system if you have two video screens. I would keep in mind cable connected headsets for back seat viewing whether it be dual simultaneous or different shows.

my car has all of those capabilities but i wanted to be able to watch the movie on the NAV screen and on my 2 tvs as well it would be nice to use the better sounds system to play the movies out loud.