Earthquake!

LEXIRX330

Man I thought I was nuts...I was sitting in my office had a couple of ladies from the bank that had come in to get some paperwork filled out and the Whole building started shaking. I think we were all in shock. It only lasted about 7 seconds or so but I just didn't know what was going on...no one did. When we all heard it was a earthquake on the east coast...near about the whole east coast it finally sunk in. WOW..I can't believe it...think it is the first one in over 60 years.

Glad it wasn't any worse and I don't see any damage around here.

Man I thought I was nuts...I was sitting in my office had a couple of ladies from the bank that had come in to get some paperwork filled out and the Whole building started shaking. I think we were all in shock. It only lasted about 7 seconds or so but I just didn't know what was going on...no one did. When we all heard it was a earthquake on the east coast...near about the whole east coast it finally sunk in. WOW..I can't believe it...think it is the first one in over 60 years.

Glad it wasn't any worse and I don't see any damage around here.

Glad to hear your alright!! My brother lives in Richmond, Va, 23 miles from the epicenter. He said it lasted about 30 to 40 seconds. The building was moving, the parking lot was moving and the trees were moving. It was quite a strange feeling he said. No damage to speak of.

Sounds like all of you had quite an experience.

Try this one on for size: I have a construction project going on right now in downtown DC. Two weeks ago they installed the boom crane, 20 stories in the air. I hear the boom crane operator, who climbs to the top every morning, had himself a panic attack! Better than what I would've done, which would've involved a new diaper and wanting my mommy! Yikes!!!

How about this one too: In March I was contacted about the possibility of joining a major Bank's commercial real estate division in DC. In April, while home in NC for a week, I drove up for our first meeting. I nearly got hit by a tornado on the way back! It gets better.... In May I flew out to DC for a second meeting, and got hit by a hail storm at OHare, which destroyed my plane. Wait...it gets even better... As I type this, I'm sitting at OHare to fly to NY for the final meeting with their top brass, to join that DC office, which just had an earthquake and is preparing for a hurricane strike this weekend!! Good thing I'm not superstitious otherwise I might take this as a sign! Although, I did toss some salt over my shoulder at breakfast a few moments ago!!

Try this one on for size: I have a construction project going on right now in downtown DC. Two weeks ago they installed the boom crane, 20 stories in the air. I hear the boom crane operator, who climbs to the top every morning, had himself a panic attack! Better than what I would've done, which would've involved a new diaper and wanting my mommy! Yikes!!!

How about this one too: In March I was contacted about the possibility of joining a major Bank's commercial real estate division in DC. In April, while home in NC for a week, I drove up for our first meeting. I nearly got hit by a tornado on the way back! It gets better.... In May I flew out to DC for a second meeting, and got hit by a hail storm at OHare, which destroyed my plane. Wait...it gets even better... As I type this, I'm sitting at OHare to fly to NY for the final meeting with their top brass, to join that DC office, which just had an earthquake and is preparing for a hurricane strike this weekend!! Good thing I'm not superstitious otherwise I might take this as a sign! Although, I did toss some salt over my shoulder at breakfast a few moments ago!!

Major wierd! Let us know when we should call Orkin for the Plague of Locust.

I missed the whole thing! I was driving up out of a parking garage and must not have noticed it. By the time I got up out of the garage, people were out of their buildings in the streets and sidewalks...

Oh well!