Ipod Connection

Just bought a 2009 RX 350 with 35,000 miles and Navigation and love it. It has an ISIMPLE connector on the floor between the front seats which I assume was added for an IPOD. When I connect it to my IPOD it powers up but I have no idea how to use it since no instructions were left in the car. Pushed all the radio buttons but nothing happens. It also has an I/O switch added in the glove compartment which I also don't know what it controls. Can anyone help? Would love to be able to listen to my IPOD! Thanks.

I shopped the isimple before choosing another connector for my ipod. I believe they all operate the same; they are plugged into the disc changer input to your factory radio. Try accessing by pressing disc twice or even 3 times. With navigation, you should be able to see text and display or your ipod on the nav. You should also be able to control through the radio, including steering wheel controls.

• 3 months later...

Is this an owner add-on? I always assumed I'd have to pull the radio and add a jack to connect my ipod.

Ipods weren't unusual in 07. Odd that they wouldn't have a 2 cent plug to access.

So - would the radio need to be pulled? Am I missing a hidden plug???

• 2 weeks later...

Is this an owner add-on? I always assumed I'd have to pull the radio and add a jack to connect my ipod.

Ipods weren't unusual in 07. Odd that they wouldn't have a 2 cent plug to access.

So - would the radio need to be pulled? Am I missing a hidden plug???

Same issue here -- just got a used vehicle (08) -- cannot believe they don't have the auxiliary input. Mine has tape player (did ANYONE use tapes in 2008?) so I can use that way to connect though I'd prefer something hidden.