2008 Gx470- Colorado Inflated Prices

dumars826

I am in the market for a 2008 GX470 with low miles. Looking at Edmunds TMV and other posts on this board, it looks like many are getting a low mileage (under 40k) 2008 for about $35,000. In Colorado (Denver area) I haven't been able to get dealers to budge from their $40-$45k asking prices. A 2006 with 45,000 miles was listed at $35,000 and I got them down to $34,000. I consider myself an excellent negotiator (always bought all my vehicles under Edmunds TMV) and think that the prices are ridiculous. Is the vehicle in high demand or something in my area?

I was in the same place a couple years ago, didnt matter what kind of dealership it was, all the GX and LX's were above market value. I did eventually find a 2007 GX470 with Sport package and warranty at Stevinson Lexus in Lakewood, it wasnt marked up from any of the others so I felt like I got a good deal on a very low mile and unique GX. I have no regrets from moving up from my 2003 4Runner Sport V8.

You might have better luck with private sellers, another idea is check the non metro area Lexus dealers, I have one in Colorado Springs near me.

//Anders

I am in the market for a 2008 GX470 with low miles. Looking at Edmunds TMV and other posts on this board, it looks like many are getting a low mileage (under 40k) 2008 for about $35,000. In Colorado (Denver area) I haven't been able to get dealers to budge from their $40-$45k asking prices. A 2006 with 45,000 miles was listed at $35,000 and I got them down to $34,000. I consider myself an excellent negotiator (always bought all my vehicles under Edmunds TMV) and think that the prices are ridiculous. Is the vehicle in high demand or something in my area?

• 2 weeks later...