Radio/cd Problems, No Sound, Cd Will Not Load/eject

I have a 2007 GS430 with the ML stereo system with navigation. When the problem first started, I would have intermittent sound. Some days I would start the car and have sound and other days, no sound. Now I have no sound at all. The radio display works fine. I did not have any cd's in the changer originally, but I loaded one to test the CD player for sound. It originally worked also. Now, the CD changer will not load or eject. So, current status is No Sound, No CD Player...at all.

I have checked all fuses; I have disconnected the battery cables for at least 10 minutes to reset the system. I have gone into the system diagnostic settings and all the systems checked okay.

Any suggestions?

I have a RX 400h, 2006 Lexus with close to 100,000 miles. The CD player displays Err # 4. It will not play or eject. I realize this is not a new problem with Lexus. I am suprised the company just says too bad, replace it. I feel I must have it funcioning if i ever want to sell the car. What are my alternatives?

I have a 2007 GS430 with the ML stereo system with navigation. When the problem first started, I would have intermittent sound. Some days I would start the car and have sound and other days, no sound. Now I have no sound at all. The radio display works fine. I did not have any cd's in the changer originally, but I loaded one to test the CD player for sound. It originally worked also. Now, the CD changer will not load or eject. So, current status is No Sound, No CD Player...at all.

I have checked all fuses; I have disconnected the battery cables for at least 10 minutes to reset the system. I have gone into the system diagnostic settings and all the systems checked okay.

Any suggestions?

Hi Cindy,

Checking the fuses was the right thing to do. Any time a system loses all sound you think of the amplifier. But, the fact that it was an intermittent problem means that it could be something as simple as a loose connection or connector. As you already know, since the head unit display still works there is still power to it so there might be a loss of power to another part of the system. Hence, why the CD won't eject. Just a wild guess. I would take it to the dealer an have it checked out. A "run of the mill" car audio shop and a ML sound system don't mix in my opinion. Good luck. Let us know what you end up doing.

Paul

As a follow-up; I spoke to my dealer re your problem and their opinion was that the most likely culprit is the radio or head unit as it is called. Not the amplifier.

I have a RX 400h, 2006 Lexus with close to 100,000 miles. The CD player displays Err # 4. It will not play or eject. I realize this is not a new problem with Lexus. I am suprised the company just says too bad, replace it. I feel I must have it funcioning if i ever want to sell the car. What are my alternatives?

Since it is out of warranty, and you want it working, your only alternative is to repair it or buy a replacement. "dcfish" on this board is our authorized Lexus audio vendor. He may be able to find you a replacement system or specific component,

Any suggestions?

Hi Cindy,

Checking the fuses was the right thing to do. Any time a system loses all sound you think of the amplifier. But, the fact that it was an intermittent problem means that it could be something as simple as a loose connection or connector. As you already know, since the head unit display still works there is still power to it so there might be a loss of power to another part of the system. Hence, why the CD won't eject. Just a wild guess. I would take it to the dealer an have it checked out. A "run of the mill" car audio shop and a ML sound system don't mix in my opinion. Good luck. Let us know what you end up doing.

Paul

As a follow-up; I spoke to my dealer re your problem and their opinion was that the most likely culprit is the radio or head unit as it is called. Not the amplifier.

Thanks Paul. Sounds like I'm headed to the dealership then! I like to be a DIY'r, but not this time. I appreciate your input. I'll post again once I get a final resolve.

• 3 years later...