Is It Mandatory For A Lease Owner To Perform Scheduled Maintenance?

timzter

Hi, does anyone know if it is a mandatory requirement for lease owners of Lexus vehicles to bring the car in for scheduled maintenance (5,000, 15,0000, 30,000, whatever....)? If you don't do the maintenance, will they charge a penalty fee when you return the car at the end of the lease?

Yes, it is a requirement of the lease to have regular scheduled maintenance done. If you don't do it you could be hit with penalties for being in default of your lease agreement.

I do know people who lease cars and never do anything, not even change the oil and have no problems. I personally would never do that because...quite frankly I'm not a jerk. It doesn't cost much to do the scheduled maintenance on these cars as long as you don't have it done at the Lexus dealer.

Change the oil every 5k and you should be fine.

Yes, it is a requirement of the lease to have regular scheduled maintenance done. If you don't do it you could be hit with penalties for being in default of your lease agreement.

I do know people who lease cars and never do anything, not even change the oil and have no problems. I personally would never do that because...quite frankly I'm not a jerk. It doesn't cost much to do the scheduled maintenance on these cars as long as you don't have it done at the Lexus dealer.

Change the oil every 5k and you should be fine.

lol, well put

of course the maintenance needs to be done for leased cars

the dealers want the cars back with low miles and in the best condition possible

those are the ones that are candidates for sale as pre-certified where they make nice money

usually good deal for the purchaser also, as it makes sense to pay a bit more for the warranty that comes with the pre-certification