Wheel Lock For 2000 Rx 300

walspj1

I need to have my tires changed coming up soon, but the last time I went to have them rotated, Jiffy Lube told me that they couldn't remove the tires from the vehicle because they couldn't find the wheel lock (key) for the lugnut that needs to be removed first. I remember having them rotated prior to this last time and it went off no problem. I guess I need to find a replacement key.

Any ideas on if this is as easy as going down to the Advance and asking if they have the wheel lock in stock? Or will I need to begin searching elsewhere? Is this an easy to come by part?

Thanks.

I'm guessing this will require a trip to your local Lexus dealer. If the "key" were easily available at the local Auto Parts Store, there wouldn't be much security involved. If you can't locate the key somewhere in the spare tire well or in one of the "hidden" storage compartments in the back, I'd be going to wherever I had them rotated last and having them look for it. I would hope they might have a "Lost and Found" box for stuff that comes out of customer vehicles but never gets put back in. As for my RX300, I took the locking nuts off, replaced them with matching lug nuts, and put them in a baggie in the rear tire well. There must be a couple of million RX300s out there and I don't think these wheels are big theft items - at least not in my neck of the woods. Lotsa luck.

I think you will need a new set of locks. I have a new set (got for my RX300) if interested. Got from Lexus. $40 + $5 shipping. You can pay via PayPal. Tire dealers can remove your old locks but will destroy them in the process. Let me know. My email is npsalum86@gmail.com. Regards

Thanks for the information. I'm planning to get a set from Sears around Labor Day when they're on sale. Personally, I don't mind if they destroy the locks if it means that I can get the tires rotated with no hassle.