Nav System 2010 Es

KOP Lexus Owner

Has anyone had any problem with their 2010 ES Voice Recognition on the Nav? Lately, mine won't always respond to my voice. Also, at times it will say that "that function is not available at this time" (for example, if I say, Destination.) Dealership tells me that they haven't had any problems with the nav system. They ran diagnostic check today and it concluded that everything was OK. Really frustrated here.

Has anyone had any problem with their 2010 ES Voice Recognition on the Nav? Lately, mine won't always respond to my voice. Also, at times it will say that "that function is not available at this time" (for example, if I say, Destination.) Dealership tells me that they haven't had any problems with the nav system. They ran diagnostic check today and it concluded that everything was OK. Really frustrated here.

If you want to get an ear full on this subject, do a search of the forums and you'll find that your situation is not uncommon.

The navigation function is good on the ES but almost everyone complains about the poor performance of the voice recognition system. Frequently it misunderstands your commands or does a totally different function than the command you said. In my ES, once in a while I will say "Lower Temperature". The voice recognition will come back with something like "Destination". It is simply not a very good voice recognition program. If your dealer tells you they haven't had any problems with the nav system their probably right. If they say they haven't had any problems with voice recognition their fibbing.

Don't know of anything to offer you that will help resolve your issue. Do the search and learn more about the problem.

Paul said it. The voice recognition software stinks! That is all there is to it…not much you can do to make it better. I have tried windows up, air off, speaking slow and clear…I would give it a 50-50 on the right or wrong response. It is funny sometimes to mess with it just to see how bad it is...but I just don’t use it that much at all. :whistles:

Hi, I am new here and picked up an ES350 yesterday, I have trouble understanding my voice. I had a 2008 Camry a while back and the Bluetooth just sucked at recognizing my voice> I complained but to no avail. I could not believe how bad it still is and the other commands like temp up and so on.. forget it. Only works at best 50% of the time. I am really supprised that they have made no changes to a lousy system. I had a Nissan and the voice rec. software was stellar.

OH well I like Toyota products better.

Hi, I am new here and picked up an ES350 yesterday, I have trouble understanding my voice. I had a 2008 Camry a while back and the Bluetooth just sucked at recognizing my voice> I complained but to no avail. I could not believe how bad it still is and the other commands like temp up and so on.. forget it. Only works at best 50% of the time. I am really supprised that they have made no changes to a lousy system. I had a Nissan and the voice rec. software was stellar.

OH well I like Toyota products better.

Welcome to the LOC. Sounds like your experience is about normal. Lets hope they can some how come up with a software upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the voice recognition in the 2010 ES350 SUCKS big time. Try setting up a contact name like "Ed Smith". It thinks "Ed" should be pronounced "Ee Dee" as in the initials E.D.!! "Cafe" is pronounced "Kef" instead of "Keh feh". And forget about having a contact name like "Dr Jones". It doesn't know that "Dr" is pronounced "Doctor". You have to help it by saying the words the way IT thinks they should be pronounced!! SUCKS!