2009 Rx350 Aftermarket Double Din Install Questions

Hi all:

I just got a 2009 RX350 without nav, non-ML audio system. I am looking to install the Pioneer Avic X930BT as well as a backup camera. Here are the components I'm looking at getting:

Headunit:

Pioneer Avic-X930BT

Ipod Controls:

Pioneer CDIU-203V Ipod audio/video cable.

Steering Wheel Controls:

PAC SWI-PS

Backup Camera:

Boyo vtl425 ultra slim

Trim/Harness

I'm undecided on this. There are 2 options:

1) Beatsonic SLA-82A if I want to do plug and play, retain use of the factory amp.

2) JDM Toyota Harrier double din trim piece + Metra 70-8113 Toyota harness if I want to do factory amp bypass and use the aftermarket HU's internal amp.

Questions:

1) Silly question, but does the install of any aftermarket radio violate any warranty (mine is a certified pre-owned)?

2) Does anyone have any opinion about the two choices of using the factory amp vs doing an amp bypass? I have heard complaints about noise/hissing using the factory amp with an aftermarket head unit. I could save a good bit of money doing the amp bypass myself, and probably better audio quality.

3) If do an amp bypass, why would I need a separate metra harness? I have read on the forums that this harness is required.

4) Does anyone have a link to the wiring diagram for the the amp/speakers for this car?

5) Is the factory amp located behind the rear seats?

6) Am I missing anything? Any other components necessary?

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...