How To Replace The Side View Switch Module On 2008 Ls600?

Hello,

Just to the left and below the steering wheel is the switch module that includes the side view mirror switch and some other controls; also it is right above the coin drawer.

I'd like to remove and replace it, but I don't know how to do that.

Has anyone done that or have any illustrations as to how that can be accomplished? It doesn't just pull straight out.

Thanks,

Hank

:cheers:

• 1 month later...

Never heard of an LS600.....I dont think they make one yet ......

Someone needs to leave his cave more often. Sales of the short wheelbase LS600h and long wheelbase LS600hL hybrids started in 2006 and in some countries the petrol-only LS is no longer sold. The LS600h is not sold in the U.S.

All that being said, it sounds like Hank still would like to know if or how he can replace the outside mirror control switch. I don't know how...does anyone else?

Paul

The attached diagram makes it look like the switch module snaps into place like many similar switch modules. I'd start by dropping the underdash garnish panel and looking at the back of the switch assembly with a flashlight. It might be necessary to compress some tabs for the switch assembly to pop out.

post-2157-0-19709700-1317518835_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

This switch looks very similar to the mirror switch on my 2001 LS. If so, maybe you don't need to replace it just clean it. On some other site someone was kind enough to suggest opening the switch (it just pops open). If you pay attention to how it is put together you can open it, clean any dirty contacts (very, very light sanding with an emery board) and put it back together. I had no problem getting mine to work.

• 2 months later...

Thanks, I want to remove it so that I can fix a rattle, it works fine. Pulling it straight out isn't working. The dealer tried to pull it for me (they work well with me), but they even had an issue and said that it seemed that it had to have a partial dash removal.

Oh well, I may have to go the route of sticking felt around the edges.

• 1 year later...

Thank you, ED Darte.

I have a this problem recently. My suspect was when I reverse the car, both side mirrors does bows. So I think motor operation inside of mirror does some (partial) function all right. I ruled out outside problem monumentally. Then I found your post. It saves my time and giving me a little confidence by your good knowledge.