2012 Es

rob_es350

Well, they're advertising the "all-new" model as a 2013... so i'm gonna guess the 2012 will remain the same as it is now. You've gotta figure the next year models usually come out the fall prior, and since the new GS isn't coming out until next year i think it's safe to assume it'll be 2013. <_<

THANK GOD! The new one is... well... :cries:

read something (can't find it now) that said even though it has not been officially announced, 2012 is essentially a no-change

one new color as substitute for an existing one

anyone have any info to confirm, or otherwise

thanks all

You are correct. One new color (I think Smokey Granite Mica goes away) and minor trim changes according to C&D. Also read that the 2012 will finally have backlit overrhead Homelink buttons.

Well, they're advertising the "all-new" model as a 2013... so i'm gonna guess the 2012 will remain the same as it is now. You've gotta figure the next year models usually come out the fall prior, and since the new GS isn't coming out until next year i think it's safe to assume it'll be 2013. <_<

saw that the gs350 was new for 2013, but didn't see that for the es350

you sure it applies to both?

saw that the gs350 was new for 2013, but didn't see that for the es350

you sure it applies to both?

According to what SW has posted before, the coming ES will be the same. Speaking of technological leaps, glad to hear their finaly going to illuminate the Home Link buttons.

Yepp, both the ES and GS are new for "2013". I'd assume they'll treat the new ES like the new GS which is advertised as the 2013.

It doesn't look like Lexus' new "designs" are going to improve any... :cries:

With the 2012 GS, it looks like Lexus is getting away from the L Finese styling theme. From the pictures at least, I like the look of the new GS. Need to see one in person though.

The next gen ES will no doubt have styling similar to the GS since that's the direction they seem to be going.

The GS should debut about a year before the ES...because of the delays I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see a new ES before 2014...

ahhh, explains why I have seen all this official hype for the GS,and no direct info regarding the ES

Well the new Camry came out, ES can't be too far behind.

Not a huge fan of the new Camry: http://www.autoblog.com/2011/08/23/2012-toyota-camry-first-drive-review/

They definitely took a conservative approach with the new Camry. I'm anxious to see one in person to compare with the pics. I'm sure it will sell well, it's just not as swoopy as some of the competition. Maybe not a bad thing for longevity.

Not a huge fan of the new Camry: http://www.autoblog.com/2011/08/23/2012-toyota-camry-first-drive-review/

They definitely took a conservative approach with the new Camry. I'm anxious to see one in person to compare with the pics. I'm sure it will sell well, it's just not as swoopy as some of the competition. Maybe not a bad thing for longevity.

agree that it will do real well..imo, they would gain share in a big way if they had an AWD option

there of a ton of customers who will only buy AWD cars now since there are so many good ones out there at reasonable price points

agree that it will do real well..imo, they would gain share in a big way if they had an AWD option

there of a ton of customers who will only buy AWD cars now since there are so many good ones out there at reasonable price points

Probably doesn't bode well for the next gen Avalon or the new ES350 to get an AWD option.

Probably doesn't bode well for the next gen Avalon or the new ES350 to get an AWD option.

you might be right, but they would be making a mistake

a lot of subaru legacy owners say their car is essentially an AWD camry..camry would take a bunch of market share just with those people

similarly the es is hurt by not having an AWD option

Oh come on, seriously?? Toyota what is wrong with you? This Camry looks so "cheap"! It looks like they just added some sharp edges to the current model and removed the optitron gauges (what else is new for Toyota/Lexus)?

It has optitron gauges, its just their latest thing is to show the face of the gauges, but the numerals and needles still go black when the vehicle is off...

ehh... if it doesn't have that tinted lens, the dials just look old fashioned! :unsure: I love the crisp look of the white on black gauges with the tinted cover. <_<

I just hope the 2013 ES won't follow too closely to the new 2012 Toyota Camry redesign. I agree that the new Camry is too conservative. The competition has raised the bar. Hyundai Sonata gets a nod here. I hope Lexus will move the ES above its current competition and away from any resemblance to the Camry. I don't think the 2013 ES will disappoint on the interior side, it should be all class and luxed out. I'm just concerned that Lexus will go the way of the Camry which would be a big mistake IMHO.

ehh... if it doesn't have that tinted lens, the dials just look old fashioned! :unsure: I love the crisp look of the white on black gauges with the tinted cover. <_<

I don't disagree. The cover is tinted, just not as tinted as it used to be...

I just hope the 2013 ES won't follow too closely to the new 2012 Toyota Camry redesign. I agree that the new Camry is too conservative. The competition has raised the bar. Hyundai Sonata gets a nod here. I hope Lexus will move the ES above its current competition and away from any resemblance to the Camry. I don't think the 2013 ES will disappoint on the interior side, it should be all class and luxed out. I'm just concerned that Lexus will go the way of the Camry which would be a big mistake IMHO.

I agree that the Sonata has raised the bar in te family sedan segment. I also really like the looks of the Kia Optima (more than the Sonata), although it hasn't receieved the same buzz as Sonata.

I guess it's possible the new ES may not be Camry based it could be a all new rear wheel drive design.

My guess is that for the time being the ES will remain Camry based. Lexus already has the various RWD/AWD IS and GS models.