Ac Drain Leak

Had a leak due to clogged AC drain - Lexus advises ripping up carpets and replacing $1575 and then treating floor underneath before replacing for $500...neither covered by warranty.

I vacuumed water up and put a heating fan in there and it's been warm. Is this work really necessary?

Did you unclog the drain? If you can get it cleaned up and there's no mold, you probably don't need to replace anything, as long as the drain is clear now.

the problem is the moisture under the carpet, it is trapped there, you are vaccuuming only the surface. If you are lucky it will dry with no odor. If you start to get a mildew smell then you know the trapped water underneath has turned to mold, and really no spray or deoderant is going to fix that, the carpet needs to be replaced.

$500 for the cleaning part is way too much. really all that needs to be done is the carpet pulled and the area cleaned with bleach and water, that will kill any mold on the floorboard. I would bet there is replacement carpet on ebay that woud work if you have to go that route, or any auto upholstery store has access to oem carpet at much cheaper prices than the dealer is charging. It would be better right now, to get a dehumidifier in the car to pull the moisture out of the air and accelerate drying. As i said earler the whether you have an odor or not after it is dry will determine your next step. If it is slight you may be able to spray febreze heavily in the odor area, it actually works, of course it cannot do anything for the mold that is in the wet padding underneath.

had similar problem CALL YOUR INSURANXE COMPANY - MY DEALER TOOK CARE OF THE MOLD ---- THRY HIRED A COMPANY TO KILL THE MICROSCOPIC MOLD -- NO CHARGE TO ME AS IT WAS CAUSED BT A PINCHED DRAIN LINE

your car insurance might cover it --- like a dent or acident would be covered