Gas Mileage

healingtouch

Sorry Bub...you're not going to increase mileage. Oh yeah, some will say that you can get this or install that for better mileage/horsepower, etc. Realistically, you're not going to increase mileage (keep away from those darned magnet things that you clamp to your fuel line...they're absolutely worthless!).

You might squeeze an extra half-mile or so by increaseing your tire pressure, but then you run the risk of uneven tire wear and you'll have to deal with a harsh ride.

Or you could get smaller tires -- that would likely help mileage. Wouldn't do much for looks, IMHO.

Here's what you can do avoid decreasing mileage:

don't add heavy things -- like solid aftermarket bumpers, rock sliders, etc.

don't get larger tires.

don't get a lift.

I did all these things and saw my mileage drop from an average of 14/17 mpg (city/hwy) down to (what I have now) 10/13 mpg. That said, I wouldn't change a thing I did.

:cheers:

Doug

I agree with dougjohn; There is no real improvement you can make, but you can keep the consistency of what you got 14/17 mpg

A couple of things to help stay Consistent , a fresh tune-up, plugs, wires, electrical rotor, distributor cap, air filter, Detailed wax job (wind resistance) and most important...................................

If you got a fat wife dump her !Removed! and get a skinny one!! :cheers:

Good luck

dakrri

I agree with dougjohn; There is no real improvement you can make, but you can keep the consistency of what you got 14/17 mpg

A couple of things to help stay Consistent , a fresh tune-up, plugs, wires, electrical rotor, distributor cap, air filter, Detailed wax job (wind resistance) and most important...................................

If you got a fat wife dump her !Removed! and get a skinny one!! :cheers:

Good luck

dakrri

thanks for your input on this. yeah, i didn't think there was much to do about it.

and i got rid of my fat !Removed! wife and got myself a skinny one. no just jk...

my wife is wonderful and very fit. maybe it's my 4 mth old son.. :D

I added a K&N Flitercharger (drop in replacement for the standard Lexus engine air filter). Adding the K&N has gotten me better better gas milage and more power from my 1999 LX470. I also only use the 5W30 motor oil as it seems to provide better gas milage than the 10W30 does :-? This has been my brothers experience as well who has done the same thing on a 2000 Toyota Landcruiser.

Information on K&N Engine Air Filters:

http://www.performanceintl.com/kandn.html

K&N Filter for the LX470:

http://www.performanceintl.com/shop/produc...LX470&year=1999