2003 Es Rear Doorlocks Not Working

Hey guys, I'm new here. Just bought a 2003 ES. Love it, but strange thing...the rear door locks don't work. Both front ones are fine. I've seen posts about actuators and fuses. I haven't done anything yet, but thought I'd ask you experts first. I see there's 2 fuses for "doors". Could 1 be for the back doors and the fuse be bad? Or do you think both back actuators are bad? Any help is GREATLY appreciated, thanks in advance!

They don't work from the master panel or wireless? Both rear actuators failing is possible but a bit unusual. Check fuses first, if they are good (don't just look at them, do a continuity check) then you need to check for power at the actuator, if there is power then the actuator has failed, if not then there is a loss of power in the wiring, I'd look at the master panel and go from there.

No, it doesn't work from the remote nor the door panel. I have to manually lock and unlock both back doors. To test the fuses, could I simply swap the "door1" fuse with the "door2" fuse and see if that makes any differences? Or is there a better way? Thanks again!

You can buy a fuse kit for very little. Buy a fuse kit and swap out the fuse for either back door with a new one. If it doesn't work then it's not the fuses. From there you need to verify power at the actuator and work your way back.

Just a guess here.

Maybe the previous owner had children and they have the child proof lock switch activated on each rear door.

Get the doors open and then look on the back edge of each door to see if the manual switch has been thrown. Maybe it interferes with the power locks if they're on.

Yeah, for kicks I tried the child lock thing yesterday, doesn't make a difference. It never even "sounds" like its trying in the rear doors when you push the remote or the door panel.

OK, the fuses are fine, just checked those. It sounds like it might be "trying" inside both door so would that indicate that its probably just the actuator? An update...I've never even tried the rear windows...just realized that the rear driver side window doesn't work, but the rear passenger window does. So bottom line is neither rear door locks works and rear driver window doesn't work either. Anymore suggestions with these new updates? Thanks again!

If you are hearing the actuators then probably they are bad. As for the window, before you give up on it, try banging on the door in the middle about where the motor is while someone works the switch. The rear windows rarely get used and will stick in the up position.