Sunroof Won't Open And Alarm Sounds

bwalker

Insert ignition key and turn to "On" position

turn key off and remove key

open door, then six alarms sound

sunroof does not open?

Sunroof not opening...is that a separate problem from the other, or is it part of the alarm sounding issue? Have you checked the fuse for the Sunroof.

On the first problem, when you say six "alarms" sound, are they the usual ding ding sound or something else. When you turn the key to on are you starting the car as well or just using the accessories? Is this a suddenly new problem or has it done it for quite a while?

Thanks.

sunroof does not open?

Sunroof not opening...is that a separate problem from the other, or is it part of the alarm sounding issue? Have you checked the fuse for the Sunroof.

On the first problem, when you say six "alarms" sound, are they the usual ding ding sound or something else. When you turn the key to on are you starting the car as well or just using the accessories? Is this a suddenly new problem or has it done it for quite a while?

Thanks.

sunroof does not open?

Thanks.

I think the alarms and sunroof are related; they occurred both recently and together.

If you start the car, it will be have the same way, but you only have to turn the key to "on" position to get this to happen.

sunroof does not open?

Thanks.

I think the alarms and sunroof are related; they occurred both recently and together.

If you start the car, it will be have the same way, but you only have to turn the key to "on" position to get this to happen.

I am not that familiar with the 94' LS400 but I do know that on the ES330 and ES350, when you turn the key to off, and open the door, if the sunroof is open the chime will ding reminding you to close the sunroof. Now, in your situation, the roof will not open. If it will not open in any situation, i.e., key on, engine running, sunroof switch in open or close position ( no movement or sound at all), then you have a bigger problem. With the sunroof it could be a bad switch, bad motor, blown fuse to start. Right now I would concentrate on trying to determine if there is any power getting to the sunroof.

Thats about as much as I can offer.

sunroof does not open?

Thanks.

I am not that familiar with the 94' LS400 but I do know that on the ES330 and ES350, when you turn the key to off, and open the door, if the sunroof is open the chime will ding reminding you to close the sunroof. Now, in your situation, the roof will not open. If it will not open in any situation, i.e., key on, engine running, sunroof switch in open or close position ( no movement or sound at all), then you have a bigger problem. With the sunroof it could be a bad switch, bad motor, blown fuse to start. Right now I would concentrate on trying to determine if there is any power getting to the sunroof.

Thats about as much as I can offer.

Much obliged.

BW