New Is250 Owner

whats up i just found this site a while ago and decided to join. I got my 2008 IS250 a week ago and its been a blast to own. I dont plan on doing too much to it since the 250 isnt capable of going nuts but i just want to upgrade some cosmetic parts...ive outgrown the import scene and trying to make cars fast which is great because the IS is a great cruise car. Anyways, i just wanted to find some info about how to change the parking bulbs in the headlights...i really dont like that ugly yellow I just cant find a way to reach where im supposed to change it! Anyone have any pictures of where they put their Iphone while driving? I just leave mine in the cupholder but if theres a mod or better place to put it.

You can get to the parking light bulbs from behind the headlight units. Open the hood and remove panels until you can feel behind for the socket. Twist counter-clockwise and pull out, then do the reverse to get it back in.

I take it you're looking for more of a "white" look? If so then replace the filament bulbs with LED bulbs. BEWARE though, as to the brand of LED bulb you replace it with. About 90% of the aftermarket LED bulbs on the market wont last a month in a Lexus headlight as the voltage isn't regulated in the least, and the LED's will burn out very quickly.

I've only been able to find ONE white LED bulb in that size that wont burn out. I currently have them in my headlights, replacing the parking light bulbs in the high beam reflector housings. It's been over 2 years and they're still functioning 100% and i expect them to last hundreds of thousands of hours more. NIGHT and DAY difference from the other junk LED's i've tried. They have voltage regulators built in which limit the voltage going to the LED's no matter what the input, so they never overheat.

Here they are:

http://hidconcept.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=69

They're in size 194 (or T10) which is the same thing as 2825. And don't let the yellow appearance of the LED fool you, it's simply the yellow phosphorous coating that all white LED's have. When illuminated it's perfectly white.

Enjoy the car! :cheers:

thanks for the info! i will order these when i get to my house and will have a garage to change them in.

You can get to the parking light bulbs from behind the headlight units. Open the hood and remove panels until you can feel behind for the socket. Twist counter-clockwise and pull out, then do the reverse to get it back in.

I take it you're looking for more of a "white" look? If so then replace the filament bulbs with LED bulbs. BEWARE though, as to the brand of LED bulb you replace it with. About 90% of the aftermarket LED bulbs on the market wont last a month in a Lexus headlight as the voltage isn't regulated in the least, and the LED's will burn out very quickly.

I've only been able to find ONE white LED bulb in that size that wont burn out. I currently have them in my headlights, replacing the parking light bulbs in the high beam reflector housings. It's been over 2 years and they're still functioning 100% and i expect them to last hundreds of thousands of hours more. NIGHT and DAY difference from the other junk LED's i've tried. They have voltage regulators built in which limit the voltage going to the LED's no matter what the input, so they never overheat.

Here they are:

http://hidconcept.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=69

They're in size 194 (or T10) which is the same thing as 2825. And don't let the yellow appearance of the LED fool you, it's simply the yellow phosphorous coating that all white LED's have. When illuminated it's perfectly white.

Enjoy the car! :cheers: