Lexus Of Orlando: Dishonest & Unprofessional

lexus3454

I recently had a horrible experience with Lexus of Orlando in Winter Park. I was shopping for a 2011 GS 350 and was talking to 4 other Lexus dealers outside my area because my local dealer had the most awful prices. I was told by the sales team that they would meet and beat any price offer from a Lexus competitor. Let me tell you folks, after all the leg work and 3 other nice quotes from outside Lexus dealers, when I provided these quotes to D.W. of Lexus of Orlando he became quite hostile, bashing other dealers, calling my quotes bull s&*t! D.W. was rude, dishonest, deceitful and unprofessional. He became physically intimidating (while sounding like a d-bag, i hoped he would put his dirty little hand on me, but he stopped short and just decided to invade my personal space) He told me that he would not honor any of the signed quotes and told me if I wanted to do business with him I would have to pay the additional $200/month on his contract. So much for advertising meet and beat by $1000, total lies and deceit by this dealership. Long story short, he told me to go buy my 2011 Lexus GS 350 from another dealership and I proceeded to ask him if they taught him that in Salseman school; send the client to other dealerships to purchase their car, lol...Well I did, $599/month including all the taxes for a 2011 Lexus GS 350 Mark Levinson (54,600 Sticker Price). Thank you very much Lexus of Melbourne...

I'm going to play a little devil's advocate here. I've done a lot of business with car dealers, both as a consumer and as a consultant.

While I have been treated rudely by dealership personnel before, I find it hard to believe that it would have escalated to the level where it did without you playing some part in that escalation. Did you truly just present him with the quote and he flipped out on you to the extent you describe here? I personally find that hard to believe. I think you likely had plenty of that "rudeness" to throw right back at him.

As for the deal, its a supply and demand issue. The dealership has to make money too, and you can't expect a dealer to honor or beat a price from a dealer thats out of town. A separate town is a separate marketplace, and if one is willing to travel to another town for a better deal then great, but you can't blame a local dealer for pricing their products according to what the local marketplace will bear.

Being told something by the sales team and it being a published advertisement are two different things. Which was it?

Long story short, he told me to go buy my 2011 Lexus GS 350 from another dealership and I proceeded to ask him if they taught him that in Salseman school; send the client to other dealerships to purchase their car, lol

Actually, yes. Making a sale has no value if there's no profit in it, and if he can't make a deal with you that works for you and for him, and someone else can then he did the right thing in suggesting you take his competition up on their offer. Some dealerships are happy to sell a car and make $100, some dealers can't do that depending on their volume, etc. I've found plenty of dealers who can do deals for cars $1k or more less than other dealers.

You seem to feel that you were entitled to a certain deal from this guy, since you got your deal I don't see what your problem is...

You sound a little bit like a car salesman yourself or someone that doesn't know the value of a dollar.

The sole reason a dealership does anything is for the dollar, not the client...

There are buyers and sellers, let's keep it real bud and not jump fences ok! (or call it devil's advocate)

They don't need you to defend them...again; unless you are one of them...

LOL...I knew that was coming. I think we're seeing now that the "d-baggery" didn't just come from Lexus of Orlando in this exchange...

No, I am not a car salesman...but I spent several years consulting with car dealerships and salesmen so I know a good bit about how dealerships work. Anyways, why would it be a problem if I were a car salesman?

Of course a car dealership is in business to make money. Thats why all businesses are in business. Do you not go to work to make money? If they stopped paying you...would you go? Good car dealerships realize that making money goes beyond one sale and that building good relationships with customers is what really makes them money. They used to pay me a lot of money to come into the dealership and teach their salespeople how to do that. There are good dealers, and there are bad dealers. I'm not saying Lexus of Orlando is a good dealer, I have no experience with them. However, I don't think the sales manager of a Lexus dealership (a fairly experienced and highly paid person) would scream insults at you and get up in your personal space for trying to get them to match another dealer's price. Frankly...my guess is that you acted the way you are acting here...little entitled...little dickish. Maybe worse.

By the way, the term "client" implies a fiduciary relationship which doesn't exist in this situation. You are not their "client", you are just their customer). There are good dealers, and there are bad dealers. But, believe it or not the car business is a very tough business.

I certainly know the value of a dollar, not sure what your point was about that. I never said that you should have paid more to buy the car from Orlando, I was just trying to make you understand that Massapequa was able to sell you the car for the price you wanted and still make the profit they needed to make, for whatever reason Orlando wasn't able to do that. Maybe Orlando's dealership has higher operating costs, or maybe Massapequa had the car on their lot for 5 months and Orlando had not. Who knows. My point was you are not entitled to have a dealer sell you a car for what you want to pay just because another dealer will. You have the right to do just what you did, buy it from whoever you want. I drove 50 miles to buy mine because they could do it for $1,000 less than the dealers by my home. Doesn't mean the dealers by my home are crooks, it just means their marketplace allows them to sell for a higher price. Good for them...but $1,000 was worth 50 miles to me.

I'm the one keeping it real here "bud".

Love how some of you think that this thread was a waste of time, particularly if it doesn't have an impact on you one way or another. It seems that some people love to play arm chair quarterback when it's not their problem. Well thanks but no thanks for your comments, I'm glad for whomever reads the posts, and if just one other person says "hey, that happened to me" then I'm glad that "we" are not alone. No one wants to hear about your expertise on consulting and your opinion on the matter, sometimes we are just looking for retoric, not really your response if it's going to be dickish, and I'm sure a lot of you agree out there. So everyone, let's keep a running tally of these dicks and follow their wisdomless bantor, because I thought this board was for lexus owners not lexus dealers...

Right...so you post on a discussion forum...not interested in a discussion...

If you only want to read your viewpoint, then I suggest you post it in a blog or write it in a diary or something and just read that. Discussion forums are about discussion. Nothing "dickish" about my original response. My dickishness was in reply to your own.

And thanks for telling us what our forum should be about...what with your owning a Lexus for 4 days and joining here 2 days ago.

1st SW, don't want to argue with anyone, 2nd I've owned a Lexus for several years, 3rd Wipe the bird*BLEEP* from the hood of your car before you post the pic of it, and finally I wanted to discuss the nature of the car buying car selling relationship and what a dog eat dog world it can be. You don't know me so don't make a foolish speculation hiding behind the internet curtain. I don't know why people think it's ok to bash people who they don't know and publicly bantor people, I've seen it on this board time and time again...so peace friend...

3rd Wipe the bird*BLEEP* from the hood of your car before you post the pic of it,

Huh?!? Are you talking about my avatar picture? There's no bird *BLEEP* in that picture...

[and finally I wanted to discuss the nature of the car buying car selling relationship and what a dog eat dog world it can be.

Which is perfectly fine, I would be more than happy to discuss the nature of the car selling relationship with you. However, to have a discussion you have to be respectful of the other party's point of view. As soon as I put something forth that was contrary to your point of view you "accused" me of being a car salesman and accused me of being ignorant and not knowing the value of a dollar. You weren't looking for a discussion, you were looking for people to kiss your posterior and tell you how right you are and we could all bash horrible slimy car dealers together.

I don't know why people think it's ok to bash people who they don't know and publicly bantor people, I've seen it on this board time and time again...so peace friend...

You mean...time and time again over the last 2 days you've been a member here? Please. Anyways, nobody bashed you. All I did was suggest that perhaps your attitude may have also played a role in what happened between you and the Orlando dealer and attempt to explain to you why some car dealers can sell cars for certain prices while other dealers can't. The only one doing any bashing here is you.

Sorry you feel that way, wasn't my attempt to make you feel like that, I simply didn't mean to hurt your feelings. BTW I've been on this site a long time as well as BMW (if you really must know), I've used many a screen name, don't ever post until now. Now I see why. I just like to read some of the *BLEEP* that be shoveled...must be some mensa's out there that are taking some time off from home jeopardy to enlighten us all, thank you for brightening my day.

Agreed, right-oh.

My opinion has has not changed, waste of my time.

If this is such a waste of your pseudo "time", why do you keep on posting?

Give it a rest.