Tires 07 Es350

LexyLuv49

I need tires and I've already read some of the older post concerning them. But still my question is, Is the Primacy still the tire to buy. I'm in Georgia so there is no bad weather. I don't go long distance but I am still in the streets. :whistles: Lexus quoted me Pilot HX MXM4 225/50R17 for $256.64 that price includes everything, tire disposal, mounted & balanced, but not alignment. But goodness sake that's a view dollars over A GRAND. The PILOt is whats on the car now. I was suppose to drive to Ky tommorrow a.m. and hubby wants me to get tires as soon as I get there. Yeah!, right. I bet most places are gonna say they have to order them. DAMN. Advise Please. Thx. He said they don't have to be Michelin, but I think they should be. oooooo BOY!!!!

Without a doubt, the Primacy is the right tire to buy. The Pilot is a more handling focused tire, the Primacy maximizes smooth & quiet ride which is what the ES is all about.

Don't buy them from the Lexus dealer, sheesh. Order them from www.tirerack.com and have them shipped to a local installer. WAY cheaper. Tire Rack has them for $161 each plus a $70 mail in rebate. So shipped and mounted you should be at about $700.

I need tires and I've already read some of the older post concerning them. But still my question is, Is the Primacy still the tire to buy. I'm in Georgia so there is no bad weather. I don't go long distance but I am still in the streets. :whistles: Lexus quoted me Pilot HX MXM4 225/50R17 for $256.64 that price includes everything, tire disposal, mounted & balanced, but not alignment. But goodness sake that's a view dollars over A GRAND. The PILOt is whats on the car now. I was suppose to drive to Ky tommorrow a.m. and hubby wants me to get tires as soon as I get there. Yeah!, right. I bet most places are gonna say they have to order them. DAMN. Advise Please. Thx. He said they don't have to be Michelin, but I think they should be. oooooo BOY!!!!

Lexus says there is only one recommended size tire and that is 215/55R17, not 225/50R17.

Do you have those size tires now?

Did you change tire size for better handling?

Thanks.

The Primacy is what you want ;)

you have the stock 215/55R17 size or you go up one size to the 225/50/R17?

looks like you can only get the Primacy in the standard 215/55 size, the 225/50 size is appears to be called Pilot for what looks like a comparable tire

The Pilot line of tires are much more performance oriented, completely different than the grand touring Primacy...

Wrong type of tire for the ES IMHO. For a GS or IS sure, but not an ES or LS.

The Pilot line of tires are much more performance oriented, completely different than the grand touring Primacy...

Wrong type of tire for the ES IMHO. For a GS or IS sure, but not an ES or LS.

understood, but they have to be bought with the factory size 215/55R17

Right...

Since thats the appropriate size, I don't see the issue...thats like saying "I can't buy those shoes, they only come in a 12 and I wear a 12..."

here ya, but the size talked about at the beginning of this thread was 225/50..so if that guy wanted that size in that tire, he can't get it, that was my point

I think the lady just had the size wrong...

"Lexus quoted me Pilot HX MXM4 225/50R17"

it was lexus that said it, and it is so specific, it could be mistake

I think the mistake lexus made was giving her a quote for the wrong size tire...they were probably thinking of another model as there is only one size recommended for the es with NO substitute as we know from our exhaustive conversation from a while back,lol

Could very well be. Lexus wouldn't quote a size change, my guess is you probably couldn't even get them to mount a different size if you tried!

totally agree, and in this case I would a agree with them...they should never do anything not specifically recommended by lexus

WOW, Sorry everyone I just got back from Ky :cheers: and haven't purchased my tires yet. Thought I would come here and check to see if there were any new post. Yep there are. OK, the book does state P215/55R17 93V, but the tires on the car are Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 P225/50R17. I made sure I looked before I sent the original message cause I wanted to give all the details so I could get the best advise possible. Now the gentleman at Lexus (not my usual advisor) printed out the quote for me and the paper states 93V OEA 50K DT000-33284-MI MICH Pilot HX MXM4 225/50R17 $212.75 $256.64 $1026.57. When I purchased the car the 225/50R17 Pilots were on it. I don't know why he gave me the quote for that particular tire other than because it was on the car. The size I'm looking for is what the book states. I wanted to make sure to keep it that way. The rims are factory.

WOW, Sorry everyone I just got back from Ky :cheers: and haven't purchased my tires yet. Thought I would come here and check to see if there were any new post. Yep there are. OK, the book does state P215/55R17 93V, but the tires on the car are Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 P225/50R17. I made sure I looked before I sent the original message cause I wanted to give all the details so I could get the best advise possible. Now the gentleman at Lexus (not my usual advisor) printed out the quote for me and the paper states 93V OEA 50K DT000-33284-MI MICH Pilot HX MXM4 225/50R17 $212.75 $256.64 $1026.57. When I purchased the car the 225/50R17 Pilots were on it. I don't know why he gave me the quote for that particular tire other than because it was on the car. The size I'm looking for is what the book states. I wanted to make sure to keep it that way. The rims are factory.

guess we were wrong that a dealer would put on tires that were not a legitimate listed tire option size for the car

the tire radius is close, but not the same, so the speedometer has been off a bit since you have had the car

anyway, getting the correct size will clear that up

I bet they just quoted for what she had on there...that surprises me too!

got curious, called my lexus service people to see if they would put the non-factory size 225/50 tires on the es

said that they WOULD be that size on the es cause they are confident it is not a problem..WOULD NOT put on 235's knowing that there would be clearance issues

asked why they were not concerned about warranty, or speedometer error that would result..they said it is so close, neither would be an issue

very, very weird to me

since there seems to be an absolute consensus that the 225/50's would make no difference in handling, noise, etc., I don't see any reason to change to that size from the stock 215/55's

My head hurts. :cries: I go to Tires Plus cause they priced me $934 for everything, tire disposal, balancing, alignment and the Primacy MXV4. :P I was soooo excited. The guy picked me up and I noticed a rough ride, I let go of the steering wheel and the alignment was fine, at first I thought it was my street so I didn't say anything, got to the main street and it was still a rough ride. I told the young man that I didn't like the tires, nor the feel, he was surprised. We get to the shop and I look at my tires and :censored: , the WRONG TIRE, and WRONG SIZE. :censored: , :censored: . Now of course I'm very detailed and the man that sold them to me tells me, oooo no ma'am thats what you told me. Yeah right, No I didn't sir could you please look at your paper. We both do so and what I originally ordered was on the invoice. DUH. So they picked up the wrong tire from the warehouse. Now he wants to order the MXV4 Primacy from California and keep the same price. Sounds good to me, wonder does the warehouse really have them.

He offered the MXM4 94V and I've compared the two. The MXM4 seems better. He has those and can put them on tomorrow. HELP ME PLEASE!! :cries: What's the difference, did you just not like the MXM4. Thx guys and gals.

My head hurts. :cries: I go to Tires Plus cause they priced me $934 for everything, tire disposal, balancing, alignment and the Primacy MXV4. :P I was soooo excited. The guy picked me up and I noticed a rough ride, I let go of the steering wheel and the alignment was fine, at first I thought it was my street so I didn't say anything, got to the main street and it was still a rough ride. I told the young man that I didn't like the tires, nor the feel, he was surprised. We get to the shop and I look at my tires and :censored: , the WRONG TIRE, and WRONG SIZE. :censored: , :censored: . Now of course I'm very detailed and the man that sold them to me tells me, oooo no ma'am thats what you told me. Yeah right, No I didn't sir could you please look at your paper. We both do so and what I originally ordered was on the invoice. DUH. So they picked up the wrong tire from the warehouse. Now he wants to order the MXV4 Primacy from California and keep the same price. Sounds good to me, wonder does the warehouse really have them.

He offered the MXM4 94V and I've compared the two. The MXM4 seems better. He has those and can put them on tomorrow. HELP ME PLEASE!! :cries: What's the difference, did you just not like the MXM4. Thx guys and gals.

either will be a major improvement over wrong tire type, wrong tire size, lol

no, seriously, both are fine, I think one might be slightly better for handling, not sure, but difference would be subtle anyway

The MXM4 is a more handling biased tire, with less treadwear rating and less treadwear warranty. I wouldn't put the MXM4 on my car over the Primacy. Its the only tire I'd ever consider putting on the car IMHO...worth the wait.