2011 Rx 350 Trailer Hitch

Help Anyone!

I am trying to decide whether to purchase a trailer hitch from directly from Lexus or from an aftermarket supplier. Lexus said that do not need to trim any of the areodynamic underpanels to install their hitch, whereas the aftermarket suppliers say they do need to trim a little of the underpanels. Does anyone know if Lexus is correct, and further will trimining the underpanels have anegative effect to my vehicle perfromance or life.

Thanks!

Dave

You bought a $40K car. Go with the OEM - they also look better since they are more integrated.

Cutting pieces off of the car probably won't "damage" it but may reduce the resale value.

Install the hitch yourself or have it done somewhere other than a dealer if you want to save a few bucks.

You bought a $40K car. Go with the OEM - they also look better since they are more integrated.

Cutting pieces off of the car probably won't "damage" it but may reduce the resale value.

Install the hitch yourself or have it done somewhere other than a dealer if you want to save a few bucks.

Thanks for the advice. My only concern is that OEM may also require some cutting?

One would think that a Lexus dealership would know the answer. Try the service manager.