Sc300 Vs Is300 Handling?

Psychowu46

i would rate my sc's handling a 9.5/10 considering it's lengthy body. i can make u-turns so much better in my sc than my rsx or my friend's mr2, which are tiny cars. i have an sc400, some suspension parts are differed in the sc300.

I have an SC300, and I've driven several IS300s. The IS handles better. It was built as a BMW-fighter, not a luxury sports coupe.

That must have been one clapped-out RSX. U-turns?

My basis of comparison for handling is my modified 3rd gen RX-7. SCs can be made to handle like Supras, but stock they're nothing to write home about. I took it to a road course once and was very impressed, but impressed for a luxury sports coupe, not a sports car.

i would rate my sc's handling a 9.5/10 considering it's lengthy body.

Considering its weight and size, yes the SC handles pretty well. Matched up against an IS, though, I'd pick the IS. Now this is only in the handling category stock vs stock. Body style wise, I'd have to go with the SC.

well i wouldnt be surprised if the IS turns better than the sc's. the IS are high up (higher center of gravity). it's like trying to spin a penny when it's flat-not as good as spinning it on its side. ex. bmw's are known for their handling, and they're pretty high up like the IS.

The SC in stock form is not quite a boat. 17 * 8.5 wheels will bring the handling into a nice category. Bushings and suspension will turn it into a better handler but tighten the ride. A bigger sway bar up front should reduce the oversteering tendency. I have never driven or modified an IS so I can't say anything.

When I first bought the SC3 I was pretty surprised by the handling considering it's a heavy luxury car.

At the time it had the Eibachs but was on stock 16"s.

Then I went up to 18"s and the handling changed quite a bit.

Steering takes a tad bit more effort now but the car takes corners like none I've ever driven before.

Never driven the IS so can't really comment there.