Mark Levinson Amplifier

I am hoping to find a used or refurbished Mark Levinson factory amplifier for my son's 2003 Lexus GS300, as the radio has stopped working & we have exhausted all troubleshooting efforts (replaced fuses, had all other components diagnosed with an okay results) short of replacing the amp.

These things are apparently not easy or cheap to find... but I refuse to buy a brand new one at $2k for a car with 140k miles on it. However for a teenage boy, a car without a radio is murder!

I did find one on ebay but there is no return policy & I'm skeptical to buy a $700 piece of equipment with no returns accepted - should it not work. I believe the Manufacturer Part Number of the amp that is compatible with this vehicle is: 86280-0W032. Various audio repair shops have told me that replacing it with an aftermarket amp will compromise sound quality & may not even work right without various other pieces (subwolfers, etc.) so rather than endure a large replacement project, I'm hoping to just swap out with a refurbished or used ML amplifier.

Anyone have or know of where I can find this amp in working condition at a reasonable price?

I am hoping to find a used or refurbished Mark Levinson factory amplifier for my son's 2003 Lexus GS300, as the radio has stopped working & we have exhausted all troubleshooting efforts (replaced fuses, had all other components diagnosed with an okay results) short of replacing the amp.

These things are apparently not easy or cheap to find... but I refuse to buy a brand new one at $2k for a car with 140k miles on it. However for a teenage boy, a car without a radio is murder!

I did find one on ebay but there is no return policy & I'm skeptical to buy a $700 piece of equipment with no returns accepted - should it not work. I believe the Manufacturer Part Number of the amp that is compatible with this vehicle is: 86280-0W032. Various audio repair shops have told me that replacing it with an aftermarket amp will compromise sound quality & may not even work right without various other pieces (subwolfers, etc.) so rather than endure a large replacement project, I'm hoping to just swap out with a refurbished or used ML amplifier.

Anyone have or know of where I can find this amp in working condition at a reasonable price?

Hi Lisa,

There is a member of the forum , "dcfish", who is an approved vendor for Lexus audio parts. He may have an amp. for your system. I think your right about the one on ebay. If there is no return policy I'd skip it.

Paul

• 1 month later...