Where To Buy This Part For Cheap

romy

I have a 95 LS400 with only 60K miles. I changed the leather seat covers and in the process broke the plastic panel behind the drivers seat( The one you see when sitting on the rear seat). What is this part called and where can I buy? Mine is grey color.

The cheapest place to get it "new" is from parts.com. They have it for $184.33 and the part name is "Seats and tracks, Front seat components, Seat back panel" see here:

http://www.parts.com/oemcatalog/index.cfm?action=getPartLocator&siteid=2&chapter=AEB8906&sectionids=0,51873&groupid=2673&subgroupid=4391&componentid=10606&makeid=20&model=LS%20400&year=1995&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

Can you find a used one on ebay or from a junkyard? That price sounds really steep... Try car-part.com as well, as it links you to junkyards all over the world.

The price from Sewell Lexus ( http://lexus.sewellparts.com/oem-catalog/7101710444E-Body-LS400-1995.html ) is $195.55 if you register with a car forum member name. Sewell is in Dallas Texas by the old airport. Compare overall costs including shipping and handling. I've found Sewell to be less expensive overall than parts.com but I live due north of them in Kansas. Even if Sewell was slightly more expensive I'd buy from them anyway since I'm usually dealing with the same person instead of with the faceless parts.com website.