News On Upcoming Redesigns

pj8708

Article with info. on upcoming dates for model redesigns and new editions.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/08/02/lexus-planning-lf-a-roadster-for-2014-seven-seat-cuv-delayed/?icid=main%7Chtmlws-main-w%7Cdl4%7Csec3_lnk2%7C220766

8/4/11

1:00 pm

Regarding GS-2012, Just read about an option of 4 wheel steering for the 2012 redesign. Cool!

Awesome! I can't wait to see the new RX in 2014; they really screwed up with the 2010 model design...

And it's about time Lexus put a hybrid system in the ES. I still think they should have ditched the HS and focused on an ES-h instead. <_<

And i am NOT liking those "leaked" pics of the 2012 GS, at all. :angry:

The interior looks like something out of a freakin BMW. And of course, no optitron gauges.

2d75u8p.jpg

ippjz7.jpg

2vdmq34.jpg

Who the heck would buy this GS over the BMW 5 series (or whatever model they have that looks IDENTICAL to this)? I doubt it's going to have better performance than the BMW, and from these pictures it looks the SAME. Why can't Lexus just be Lexus and BMW just be BMW?

Here's the BMW 5 series interior. Honestly it looks better than the new GS! Personally, one of the things Lexus has always one me over with is the appeal of their interiors; which they have completely lost with this fugly thing...

246mn2h.jpg

But maybe this is just a joke... it has to be, right? Of course i thought this when the 2010 RX design was first leaked, and of course it wasn't. :censored:

Jeep in mind those pictures of the GS interior are all taped up, you can't see the trim or anything at all...wait for better pictures.

The gauges are optitron, the numerals etc disappear when off. They're like the gauges in my ES. Different than the Lexus norm I agree, but I've gotten used to them.

Awesome! I can't wait to see the new RX in 2014; they really screwed up with the 2010 model design...

I definitely agree with you there. I'm already looking to sell my RX, I just can't stand the thing since I owned a 2nd gen model. I"m honestly done with Lexus for now, they've let me down so much with this car along with their dealers thinking that their s**t doesn't stink and ripping off every customer that walks in the door (If I buyout my lease on the RX I'd end up spending close to $60k not including financing interest, sticker was $48k). I've dealt with the local MB and BMW dealers and both right now are giving me invoice price as their first offer on the car(s) I want, it's almost impossible to get the Lexus guys here to budge of sticker.

I can see how you could say the GS is starting to look like a BMW but if that works then go for it, so far the reviews of the new GS seem positive.

(If I buyout my lease on the RX I'd end up spending close to $60k not including financing interest, sticker was $48k). I've dealt with the local MB and BMW dealers and both right now are giving me invoice price as their first offer on the car(s) I want, it's almost impossible to get the Lexus guys here to budge of sticker.

To be fair, your issue with your lease has nothing to do with the dealer. Typically when you lease a car and then try to buy it you get screwed, this is TFS, not the dealer. If you're going to lease a car, lease it and turn it back in. Otherwise you should have bought it in the first place.

As for negotiating, thats business. If they can sell their cars for MSRP, why would they discount them for you? Thats not "!Removed! customers", thats supply and demand.

I've never had any problems negotiating a good deal on a Lexus.

Jeep in mind those pictures of the GS interior are all taped up, you can't see the trim or anything at all...wait for better pictures.

The gauges are optitron, the numerals etc disappear when off. They're like the gauges in my ES. Different than the Lexus norm I agree, but I've gotten used to them.

Just to re-quote a comment from the beginning; I read today that Lexus will offer an option of 4 wheel steering on the 2012 GS. Intriguing!

I don't know why I like the clock and the embroidery in the Infiniti. It looks sooo nice to me. I wish Lexus would put the L symbol in the seats or headrest. I dislike that cheap !Removed! digital clock, it reminds me of my microwave. LOL. I like light designs too. What about the headlights on the Audi. We need change for all this Luxury and the Luxury price tag we've all paid. :cheers:

UGH... is this really the new GS?

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2011/08/2013-lexus-gs-unveiled-pebble-beach/1

vnct9j.jpg

2wfpro7.jpg

5b66fc.jpg

2hdabf4.jpg

The back of it looks like what you get when an ES mates with the new Hyundai Sonata. :blink: I didn't know Lexus was emulating Hyundai and BMW...

2ijg1s1.jpg

And it states here that the new GS350 does 0-60 in 5.7 seconds; seriously? The 08-11 GS350 does it in 5.4 seconds.

They're going backwards. :cries:

Yes, those are real pictures of the new GS. I was at Pebble Beach for the unveiling yesterday and it has a stance and interior like the new BMW 5 series. In short it looks a lot better than current gen and certainly a Sonata. Little pictures don't tell the story.

new GS front and rear

Every one has their own preferences; For me, I like it. A little disappointed in the rear treatment, but overall, a good step forward toward a more contemporary look for the whole line.

Paul

Agreed, styling is very subjective and personal preferences are unique.

In seeing and touching the new car in the flesh I appreciate how substantial the car was compared to just looking at pictures. For example the stance was very nice due to 2" track increase. The taillights are a bit TSX-ish but the LS-style exhaust outlets and rear lower diffuser was very sporty. Front end and air dam was cool. These styling elements will become the Lexus trademarks for all new cars released in next few years.

And the quality/finish/roominess of the interior was very nice.

Overall, the car is very much upgraded over current GS and current E-class, more of a direct competitor of current BMW 5 series.

Does the new GS still have the bump out next to your right leg?

Did not notice that when I sat in the 2013 GS350 RWD version.

But is that problem unique to the current AWD version?

I'll reserve final judgement for the vehicle in person. Lexus designs always seem to look better in person than in photos.

I will say though...its a lot more bland than I expected...