Replacing Rear Brakes On 460 Sel

Hi guys my local mechanic wants to change my rear pads for me on my 460 sel, however he has one concern regards the electronic parking brake. Can it simply be turned off via the button in the car and is there any danger of the brake shooting forward at high speed whilst working down there or is there any easy safety measure to adapt. Thanks in advance

Hi guys my local mechanic wants to change my rear pads for me on my 460 sel, however he has one concern regards the electronic parking brake. Can it simply be turned off via the button in the car and is there any danger of the brake shooting forward at high speed whilst working down there or is there any easy safety measure to adapt. Thanks in advance

What the hell is a 460 sel? If you are referring to an LS460, then, yes you can turn it off without concern to the braking system. Just use the switch on the instrument panel.

What the hell is a 460 sel? If you are referring to an LS460, then, yes you can turn it off without concern to the braking system. Just use the switch on the instrument panel.

The LS460 SE-L was a model designation/variation sold in other countries. Toyota/Lexus has many model and variations within models that are not sold in North America.

The LS460 SE-L was a model designation/variation sold in other countries. Toyota/Lexus has many model and variations within models that are not sold in North America.

Thanks for both replies guys, and yes my 460 sel is my car in the uk which was available as 460 460 sl and 460 sel.

cheers again

• 2 weeks later...