Car Park Scrapes

Steve

Don’t you hate it when you go shopping and you park your car in a safe place (in the corner of the store car park, so far you almost have to catch a bus to the store) and then you come back and your car has been scratched?? Or on your return you find a half empty car park and someone in an old beat up car parked next to you? You think to yourself, why park there and not in the other thousand spaces availale? GRR LOL

Yes, it is an absolute nightmare....I parked wife's car all the way on the end, and was walking back to car and saw these long black lines on side, no car next to it...scared me but when I got up close is was grease..? Cant for the life figure that one out...The other thing I hate is when you come back and the shopping carts are resting against your car...We just have a whole society of I dont care about you and your stuff...Even when I park next to somebody, I fold the mirros (as a courtesy) and always watch my door to make sure it hits nobody...It sucks to have anything nice now a days..

About 99% of the time i park as far away from people as i can, but the ONE time i park in a cluster "just to run in", i get a ding. Thank god for Dent Pro's!

And i usually try to parallel park to avoid people swinging their doors into mine, but even still i've been victim of someone digging their license plate into my rear bumper.

You can never win! I've been toying with the idea of getting security cameras in my car, but the $1000 price tag for the average system isn't very appealing. :wacko:

Yes, it is an absolute nightmare....I parked wife's car all the way on the end, and was walking back to car and saw these long black lines on side, no car next to it...scared me but when I got up close is was grease..? Cant for the life figure that one out...The other thing I hate is when you come back and the shopping carts are resting against your car...We just have a whole society of I dont care about you and your stuff...Even when I park next to somebody, I fold the mirros (as a courtesy) and always watch my door to make sure it hits nobody...It sucks to have anything nice now a days..

+1 on the shopping carts!! I forgot to mention the time i was in a CVS parking lot, when someone hit a shopping cart 2 spaces over from where i was parked, barreling the shopping cart right into the lower moldings of my Rx300 creating a large scrape. Of course, the police said since the cart hit me and not the car, he couldn't make an accident report. He told me to take it up with CVS.

People don't have respect for others' belongings. :(

Funny this has been happening forever, I remember walking in San Francisco back in 69 and saw a Ferrari with bully bars front and rear...I guess he was tired of getting nailed by the parallel parkers....

Don't even get me started.... But, when I travel, I use the Valet Lot at the airport, at $70 a day. When I was questioned by corporate accounting for the additional parking rate on my expense report, I offered them the choice of either paying to park, or paying to fix. They took parking.