91 Ls400 Won't Start

I have a 91 LS400 and it won't start. I was out of town for 4 days and came back to find this problem. I jumped it off and it started. My wife drove it to work about 10 minutes away. When she came out to start it at the end of the day it would not start again. I thought it might be a battery even though it is less than 3 years old. I had the battery tested and they said most likely it is bad. I replaced battery and it still won't start. It doesn't sound like the starter is being engaged...it doesn't do anything when you try to start it. Can anyone help?

I have a 91 LS400 and it won't start. I was out of town for 4 days and came back to find this problem. I jumped it off and it started. My wife drove it to work about 10 minutes away. When she came out to start it at the end of the day it would not start again. I thought it might be a battery even though it is less than 3 years old. I had the battery tested and they said most likely it is bad. I replaced battery and it still won't start. It doesn't sound like the starter is being engaged...it doesn't do anything when you try to start it. Can anyone help?

Well first of all, welcome to the forum, "Proud" :cheers:

From your description, it sounds like your car will not crank over. I hope that is a correct assumption. Given that, it is very likely that you hear a single "click" when turning the key to the start position.

If you do a search, and I highly recommend that you learn how to use the search feature on this site, you will find a ton of situations just like yours. It could be many things but we have to nail your symptoms first. It is very difficult to diagnose issues when you are standing right next to the vehicle, let alone over the internet. Your issue is likely to be the starter solenoid (which is a big job). However, that is strictly speculation on my part until we have more input on your symptoms. So, any clicks when you turn the key?